And it's stupid tryout season time again...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
And the level of stupidity and delusion continues to rise season after season

Old tryout translator thread for laughs:

Old bad tryout notice thread for laughs:

Just for once I would like to see some honest tryouts notices:

"We have never developed a player in our org ever but we steal players from other orgs and place them with 3 colleges they don't want to go to or shouldn't go to"

"We suck, and our best two players left so if you can walk upright and catch 50% of the balls hit to you, come on out"

"Turn up and you are on the team."

"We don't care how dedicated you are, we need 4 to field a team"

"We will replace you the moment anything better turns up or wants to guest for us."

"Our bench gets cold, so we need some players to warm it up for the players on the field"

"Our core girls who are mean and totally clicky need some new players to abuse while they play"

"Our HC has anger management issues but played baseball 20 years ago. Looking for parents who are deluded into thinking this is being tough"

"We have no pitching. Like none. Please come out if your DD has ever had a lesson"

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
And of course:

"Coach W, X, Y and Z (and manager A, B and C) have formed this team because our families are total nightmares and we have run out of teams for our DD's to play with because no matter how good they are everyone has realised that it is just not worth it. So here we are - it is going to be a total trainwreck but we will have the BEST uniforms"

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
How about...

"Looking for one more player...position not important. I'm always looking to upgrade and replace."

"Looking for one, two...four more players...a "bracket" pitcher, two catchers, and a SS with a great bat."

"I've coached for a long time, running a new team every year, but I've never put together a group that can win or even stay together longer than a couple of months. I churn through players like nobody's business, but for some reason, people keep signing up. "

PS..."Sometimes, I'll get a group of decent individual players, but for some reason, they get hammered every time they take the field".

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019
"Looking for one more player...position not important. I'm always looking to upgrade and replace."

"I've coached for a long time, running a new team every year, but I've never put together a group that can win or even stay together longer than a couple of months. I churn through players like nobody's business, but for some reason, people keep signing up. "

PS..."Sometimes, I'll get a group of decent individual players, but for some reason, they get hammered every time they take the field".
... Are you talking about the Browns? 😭

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
We already have an elite 12u team of 14 girls but if your DD is at least 5'6", runs like a gazelle, can hit the ball over 200 foot fence on a regular basis and can field like Derek Jeter we will make room for her. No one else need reply.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Instead of players & families breaking apart
"Team looking to replace coach. Knowledge of fastpitch softball required! "

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
This one definitely doesn't come from personal experience:

"Head coach does NOT have a kid on the team, but he DOES date the team manager and she has a kid on the team. This entire team revolves around her as the centerpiece and he will use your kids as pawns to showcase her."

May 24, 2013
So Cal
"Team coaches are complete a-holes, and will break your kid's love of the game, possibly to the point of shattering her self-esteem. There will be lots of yelling, and personal insults."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee