Amy- Total Control Sports Ball question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I would try to replug them. I mean, what can it hurt? How about using a silicone foam? Or even Gorilla Glue? Mine do not get much use, so I am happy that you reported on how yours are holding up.

I know that Howard Carrier and Crystl Bustos both use them. I will ask Howard. Maybe you happened to get a bad batch? I wish the company would just say "Oh, here's a couple of replacements." Or, we have improved our new plugs, etc.

Sep 29, 2010
If Howard sees this maybe he'll send me a PM with how his and Crystl's are holding up. I will try and replug them. That was the idea in the first place, I just need to come up with something suitable that will bond but will be flexible. Gorilla Glue gets very hard when dry, not sure if it will just break right away or not. I'll let you guys know what I come up with.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I asked Howard and I got this reply -

"The balls are holding up very well and they get plenty of use during my lessons and at clinics. Six of the balls are over two years old now.

I have about 18 balls of the 14.99 ounce balls"

Jul 19, 2010
Central California
If anybody is interested, I have new in box, never used, (purchased last year) a 6 ball package of the Atomic Balls TCB-Y-900-120. These are the 4.7 inch weighted balls. I meant to order the smaller ones. Never got around to exchanging them. PM me with an offer if anyone is interested.

Dec 22, 2009
I have 12 of the red plug TCB's that my 11 girls have used since the beginning of the year. So that includes weekly practices, multiple times warming up between tournaments, and every other day at home with my DD. What I notice is that the balls are now more squishie then they used to be, which may not be a bad thing, since it's that much harder to get a clean hit. I have heard about a new design blue plug that has a longer warranty that is coming out soon.

Nov 1, 2009
We have the lighter version and the heavy balls and if I had it to do over I would have purchased more of the lighter ones. I currently have a dozen of the smaller balls and three of the larger balls. We have had them for a year of so and use them regularly in our team warm up for tournaments. I also bought some of the new wiffle balls this spring and they are very expensive but are fantastic balls. They are the only wiffle type you can throw at close to game speed, give them a try, you will love them.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I gave Howard the first test ball and I have 12 of them for over two years. No issues. I just got 6 more and noticed they have changed somewhat in terms of shape. I also have the large hole ball that we love using during warm ups. I have two teams using them and kids taking lessons using them. They get a work out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28