Amanda Stockman, prayers for the family

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2012
All the details of why are unknown but anytime we lose a girl so young it is a tragedy. Hope her family and friends are all ok, prayers to the family.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
All the details of why are unknown but anytime we lose a girl so young it is a tragedy. Hope her family and friends are all ok, prayers to the family.

This hits close to home.

I've known Dad for years. One of his DD's plays in our organization.

Suicide prevention needs to be taken seriously.

To say this is tragic is an understatement.

CP

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
September is the month that most suicides happen. I know of a 14 yo that took her life, this week. She was an 8th grader and played in the HS band. Very talented.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
We in NJ knew it was not good but don't know the details. The fact that a 15 year old would do this is very disturbing and I can't imagine how her family is coping. Her last profile picture seems like a kid with a lot going for her which makes this news hard to take. Again, I can't imagine how the family is dealing with this.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Several years ago, I lost a friend who was bi-polar and was trying to get off her medication. We lost a former player this past May, a good friend of both my DD's. Suicide is a silent killer of good people! So if it's a killer, it should be a big concern, but it seems to get overlooked or ignored.

September is Suicide Prevention month . give a moment of support to all of those who have family problems, health struggles, job issues, worries of any kind or just need to know that someone cares. Do it for all of us, for nobody is immune

Jun 12, 2015
So sad. Everything is so intense when you're a teenager. I wish as people on the other side of all that youthful madness could help them understand that whatever it is, it will pass. I remember things seeming so huge at 15 that now, I can barely remember. What a terrible tragedy.

Oct 19, 2009
I can’t imagine the heartache the family and friends must feel.

My heart goes out to you.

I hope the family and friends will realize it was not because of something you did or didn’t do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812