Alternatives to Medals ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2019
I recently won a tennis tourney where they had a large (like 3ft) trophy as a prop for a photo op, but the winners got luggage/equipment tags to take home. Thought that was pretty handy - I've got plenty of bags to put tags on, and lord knows I didn't need another medal at my age (thanks, like every 5k ever, lol).

Mar 12, 2016
Left Coast
Our team received small golf towels with the tournament info and "Champions" embroidered on them. A little different, the girls loved the bag bling, there was no worry about shirt sizes, and the towels came in handy during hot tournaments.

Oct 4, 2018
26 oz Rtic water bottles are regularly $10 if you buy a case. Get a sticker made with the tournament logo or whatever and slap it on the bottle. I bet it'd cost about $12 per after tax etc.

Getting closer, for sure.

I wonder what their cost per girl is for the rings and trophies...

Jan 1, 2021
Rec league in my area gave out hats last year to the winning team, with the league logo on front, and division name/champions/year embroidered on the side. Honestly, I think the girls would have preferred medals. DD is also a gymnast and gets meet swag; I have a kitchen drawer full of water bottles with meet logos, a fleece blanket, zipper pouches, you name it. They still want the medals! (Also, as a parent, I'd prefer medals over trophies, those things take up too much shelf space 😝)

Aug 15, 2021
My DD's team have gotten rings lately and seems like them. The definitely take up less space than a trophy and medals get tangled up. They also like T-shirts, but it depended on what they say. I think they have liked hooded sweatshirts the most though. I see them wear those things still 2 years later on a regular basis.

Nov 23, 2021
SC
My DD team is very good and been accused of trophy chasing a few times, but they have been winning some cool prizes. Jumbo rings(normal size ring for reference) and wrestling style belts(shoe for reference).2F5DB73E-BBEB-4E4A-8986-B7F4BBB0544A.jpeg
F084402D-C1C5-4BFF-9524-2463740825CE.jpeg

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Last summer USSSA or USA gave out rings a few times. Girls thought they were hilarious, but not in a good way. I'm sure 10U would like them, but older girls will go to Claire's if they want cheap jewelry.

Hard to beat sweatshirts for winners and tee shirts for runners up.

Mar 28, 2020
My DD team is very good and been accused of trophy chasing a few times, but they have been winning some cool prizes. Jumbo rings(normal size ring for reference) and wrestling style belts(shoe for reference).
View attachment 24595
Wtf are they supposed to do with that belt??!?!

DD has received a couple of string backpacks for MVP prize. Didn't think they would move off the hook, but she surprisingly uses them all the time. Girls love wearable prizes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28