...also this weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
I guess in our area we are pretty lucky. I have more high school umpires than I have games. Years ago, every umpire got 2 or 3 games at each school, but with a solid recruiting evert, now they get one game at each school, if that.
Our summer umpires have grown also. Our current association had 75 registered umpires this past season, even with COVID. I expect that to grow to about 85 in 2021.
And yes we have multiple training sessions for them. And we do everything we can to avoid the tournaments where we have umpires on the field for more than 2 games in a row. Except for at the local Utrip tournaments. They work them 7-9 games in a row on Saturday and Sunday. That way they have good solid umpires for the championship on Sunday. LOL
And yes, at 10U we have to adjust the strike zone for the most part. You do what you have to do to keep the game moving.
And yes I agree with marriad, your strike zone is your strike zone, and we don’t discuss it with the coaches. We also don’t discuss their strategy either..........but sometimes the coaches don’t have a clue.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28