Almost time for Rachel Garcia Signature Cleats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2014
except in some cases schools will require that % goes to general athletic dept. I know ND used to (not certain if still the case) not let boosters earmark their donation. and even if it did go to specific sport, that was money the school did not need to pony up for scholarships, equip. for FB say. now the schools will miss out, boosters will be paying directly to athletes.

trust me, this will adversely affect all college athletics in the long run.
We'll just agree to disagree then. Really don't think this will impact athletic dept donations very much, if any. First of all because the NCAA will win in court and nothing will come of this particular situation. They may alter some of their rules to avoid more litigation in the future but it's not going to be the Wild West of endorsements out there like some are thinking. And the car dealer that pays a guy a few grand for a commercial is NOT going to suddenly stop giving to the athletic department. I don't believe that for a minute because it's highly likely (as you already said) they are already paying for players right now so in the end, what will have really changed for them?? Nothing, they just do it above board now.

And trust me it won't affect our DD's playing softball, which is what the original discussion was about.

May 6, 2015
r
We'll just agree to disagree then. Really don't think this will impact athletic dept donations very much, if any. First of all because the NCAA will win in court and nothing will come of this particular situation. They may alter some of their rules to avoid more litigation in the future but it's not going to be the Wild West of endorsements out there like some are thinking. And the car dealer that pays a guy a few grand for a commercial is NOT going to suddenly stop giving to the athletic department. I don't believe that for a minute because it's highly likely (as you already said) they are already paying for players right now so in the end, what will have really changed for them?? Nothing, they just do it above board now.

And trust me it won't affect our DD's playing softball, which is what the original discussion was about.
reasonable people can disagree reasonably :)

I think things are reaching a tipping point, and paying the players will eventually lead to the decline of revenue college sports, but it will be a long slow tortuous road. or emergency surgery will be needed, ie accepting that the revenue generated will decline (which 95% of college students and faculty will be OK with, since they never saw any of it anyway), and getting rid of astronomical salaries for those currently in control and making bank (NCAA, ADs, Coaches)

May 6, 2015
might take 20 years, but this will eventually kill college athletics, and may trickle down to HS.

what they needed to do was make certain the money that is generated benefits students and school in general, not just top coaches and top athletes. NCAA failed miserably.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom