Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Allie 9yr old

Oct 2, 2017
The thing that impresses me is that although the front legs are very open her torso is closed. When I see younger hitters start in that type of stance they have a habit of counter rotating during the stride, but she does a nice job of controlling it. I only bring it up because most coaches in my area would try to take it away from her. Personally I think she will adjust as she grows.
You know I've had some people at games come up to me and say a girl her age shouldn't be using a stance that way. It's too advanced for big of a move. Too me it allows for a little better sequence for her. IMO

Oct 2, 2017
Dont want to derail, but are those SKLZ Impact limited flight balls? is so how do you like them? Looking for an alternative to the sand filled balls. thanks.
Yes they are. They work great as long as wind is fairly calm. Otherwise easy curve balls lol

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Dont want to derail, but are those SKLZ Impact limited flight balls? is so how do you like them? Looking for an alternative to the sand filled balls. thanks.
I use them and like them but they kind of lack durability. They are very light so control gets kind of wild at times and they don’t handle wind very well..... I have never used the TCB balls but they are probably a little better than the skilz balls...... IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
That's a good Idea about the thread. I watched a video from Doug Latta yesterday. He really emphasizes to all his players, coaches etc. about being calm, collected, and balanced when batting. That's what made me think of this. getting back to the basics. You mentioned a controlled move out. He talked for an entire 30-40 min on that very subject. I can post the link if you would like it. It was interesting.
please do