Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Allie 9yr old

Oct 2, 2017
Her head looks still to me, only after contact does it really move. Nice job anchoring that back foot, love it!
Thanks, I guess I meant that her head moved forward because she was getting to the front side a bit too much, but overall during the forward movement there is little moving around

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Excessive and active counter rotation is now present in the newest swing. Same difference as loading the hands early.

You need to go back and concentrate on getting to a good ‘hitting position’. jmho.

post 145 is very close.

Jun 8, 2016
Excessive and active counter rotation is now present in the newest swing. Same difference as loading the hands early.

You need to go back and concentrate on getting to a good ‘hitting position’. jmho.

post 145 is very close.
Probably need to see a swing with a moving ball to make any conclusions about current direction since Post #145 was with a moving ball.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Probably need to see a swing with a moving ball to make any conclusions about current direction since Post #145 was with a moving ball.
I don’t share the same sentiment as you and others have about tee swings. For me it shows intent and how they are creating force.

Her previous tee swings posted didn’t have this excessive counter rotation before she gains ground.

Oct 2, 2017

post 145 is very close.
Granted one is a moving ball the other a tee so there will be some difference there., But to me the hitting position she gets to off of the tee on the recent swing is much stronger than the 145 post

Screenshot_20200126-112440.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Here’s a pro with an open stance with the slack out in a good ‘hitting position’.

the excessive counter rotation before she moves forward creates a false load of the upper body. No posterior load. So there is a disconnect from the upper to the lower body. It’s an arm/shoulder driven swing. That’s why she drifts forward a bit to hit. She has to; her rubber band on her backside never was fully stretched. The result is the head doesn’t stay still while she starts her rotation. As well as a flip with the hands at the ball.

it’s NOT about the positions in the swing, it’s about the MOVEMENTS through the positions in the swing that matters. Still shots are good for the living room mantel. That’s about it.

A posterior load( back of the body), a core load(middle) and lastly an anterior load(frontside) all loaded and launched in that order in the Sagittal plane.

I’ll try to find a few examples of these.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

The move JS. gets to is the hitting position. Back heel on the ground, hands in the same basic place and the slack taken outta the body. It’s not this simple. He’s static. I’ll elaborate more..