Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Allie 9yr old

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I see what you are saying, it just seems hard for me to get that sorted out in my head because of her open stance. I can see it easily in JD because of his normal stance
I get what you’re saying. Just do it as a drill, so she can feel tension in her legs and knows how to hold onto it. Don’t even use a bat or ball. Just dry work. Just create the feel. Then put her bat and stance back.

Oct 2, 2017
I get what you’re saying. Just do it as a drill, so she can feel tension in her legs and knows how to hold onto it. Don’t even use a bat or ball. Just dry work. Just create the feel. Then put her bat and stance back.
I wonder if this would answer the question she asked me yesterday during BP: She asked, "Does my back knee stay in or out or straight when I gather and coil?" I do realize the focus is not the rear knee.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I wonder if this would answer the question she asked me yesterday during BP: She asked, "Does my back knee stay in or out or straight when I gather and coil?" I do realize the focus is not the rear knee.
The tension will be created during the forward move. Try telling her to hold the knee back. What you’re after is the pelvis rotating while the back leg stays anchored. It’s all reactive if you keep the knee back. I have used the heel, the knee or leg to create the movement solution.

the knee ERing is a reaction. Just like the knee going down and in is a reaction. Look for the spine to get ‘on plane’. :)

Oct 2, 2017
The tension will be created during the forward move. Try telling her to hold the knee back. What you’re after is the pelvis rotating while the back leg stays anchored. It’s all reactive if you keep the knee back. I have used the heel, the knee or leg to create the movement solution.

the knee ERing is a reaction. Just like the knee going down and in is a reaction. Look for the spine to get ‘on plane’. :)

That makes sense. Because I noticed in the gif that he releases off of the inner part of the heel. Because he is anchoring on the heel. Which I have tried and use a cue to her.

Capture2.PNG

Oct 2, 2017
I have a question. I use the word crease. The crease between batters crotch and pelvis. Seen here. Would hold the crease be a good cue?

View attachment 16153
Interesting cue to use. I've tried many different cues with her to hold the coil. I think a large part is body awareness is just not quite there. Not saying that she shouldn't try to work on it and it understand what to do though.

May 12, 2016
Her head looks still to me, only after contact does it really move. Nice job anchoring that back foot, love it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member