Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Allie 1st Year 10u - Updated** - 2nd yr 10u

Feb 14, 2019
100%. It is very early for sure and yes a good foundation and needs more reps to build upon. She went like 5-50 last year LOL. She was extremely down on herself. So it made us very happy to see her have some hits and see her happy about it!
That makes me happy too! Love those kids of yours.

Nov 26, 2020
100%. It is very early for sure and yes a good foundation and needs more reps to build upon. She went like 5-50 last year LOL. She was extremely down on herself. So it made us very happy to see her have some hits and see her happy about it!
I think that's pretty far in the rear view mirror already!

pattar

Just a kid kicking dirt in a sandbox
Jun 8, 2016
Yeah LOL She is very passionate about it LOL
😳

If my Mom had done that when I was playing and my father was coaching he would have had the umpire kick her out 😂

Also your DW is far from the only one who does this which is one of the main reasons I used to sit in the OF 😉

Last edited:

pattar

Just a kid kicking dirt in a sandbox
Jun 8, 2016
My wife doesn’t usually even know when my DD is batting...
DW gets the bigger picture but if you ask for details.....“That error she made, was it to her right and did she try to backhand the ball or was it to her glove side?” That is usually followed by a pause and then a “If you want details go to the games”

Needless to say I don’t ask for details anymore...

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I the bold above, are you referring to maintaining posture like the middle figure and turning around the spine?
Effect of squat depth on performance and biomechanical parameters of  countermovement vertical jump968 × 41

In other words, once the posture is set, its to be taken throughout the swing.
8View attachment 21706
No I think the posture loss is from not getting the stretch reflex via opening of the front leg early. Or it could be a lack of the back knee not staying back longer. But as TDS said. Keep solidifying what has been gained. Work out any issues slowly.

Posture is set during stride and then adjusted after toe-touch. Allie did that. But I was just concerned about the extension of the spine into contact. It could be misleading bc of the angle or the grainy vid. But I thought I saw a lack of stretch reflex of the middle. Discard my thoughts so no one gets confused until it actually is a problem. 🙂 stay on the tracks. She is much improved!

Feb 25, 2020
She looks really good there!

This talk about posture and angles of joints is confusing me. Every tape measure HR I watch the players body is straight as a board at contact.

She has no "posture" problem. Posture problem=sequence problem IMO. She doesnt have this. Just cause she hit a grounder doesnt mean there is a problem worth "fixing".

She has a great swing let her hit it. Focus on something else to get YOUR softball fix.(I am a fiend in this regard!)

Oct 2, 2017
No I think the posture loss is from not getting the stretch reflex via opening of the front leg early. Or it could be a lack of the back knee not staying back longer. But as TDS said. Keep solidifying what has been gained. Work out any issues slowly.

Posture is set during stride and then adjusted after toe-touch. Allie did that. But I was just concerned about the extension of the spine into contact. It could be misleading bc of the angle or the grainy vid. But I thought I saw a lack of stretch reflex of the middle. Discard my thoughts so no one gets confused until it actually is a problem. 🙂 stay on the tracks. She is much improved!
Thanks, Its all good. She has a plan, that she is sticking to trust me. LOL That doesn't mean I won't listen to what others see and explain. So, its not about confusion but understanding.

Oct 2, 2017
She looks really good there!

This talk about posture and angles of joints is confusing me. Every tape measure HR I watch the players body is straight as a board at contact.

She has no "posture" problem. Posture problem=sequence problem IMO. She doesnt have this. Just cause she hit a grounder doesnt mean there is a problem worth "fixing".

She has a great swing let her hit it. Focus on something else to get YOUR softball fix.(I am a fiend in this regard!)
Slow down LOL She has a plan. Just because stuff like posture, angles etc. is brought up doesn't mean that stuff is going to change LOL. I'm just hearing things that other people see and how they explain it. Trust me the goal is to let her hit, and gain confidence. I don't care if she is hitting and not being "Mechanically sound" while doing it at this point in time either. Its all about confidence at this point. I would much rather have her be happy and competing with sub par mechanics but has a great attitude in the box getting hits. Than mechanically good but not doing anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leonardfran10