Alliance vs. PGF???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2020
BB Lara 18U and Lara/Portesi 16U, I would consider a "B team, and both were at PGF. FC Brashear/Helms 16U is decent, as is FC Brashear/Hicks 18U. I know Mercado Carroll had both 16U and 18U teams at PGF. I don't think any CA team was at PGF for 16 or 18. The top dogs not being there certainly allowed some other teams to shine. I haven't looked at the brackets in a couple of days, but it seemed like CA teams were nearly gone.

FWIW, Patty Gasso was at PGF yesterday.
Gasso is ALWAYS at PGF, and usually give the same speech.... "2 claps"

I can only speak for the 16U teams and with Batbusters I don't know who their top 16U team is. The top FC teams I mentioned before were at Alliance. The Medina FC team is who I would probably rank as the 4th best So Cal FC team, I'm not sure if they went to tier 2 Alliance or PGF. The Carroll Mercado teams are a separate entity from the Academy teams, Carroll runs their own show through their own facility. So Cal As Briggs had their 16U team in Alliance, their 18s didn't qualify so they stayed home and went to PGF. Briggs had the best SCA 16 team this year, looks like they're parting ways from the A's and doing their own thing this fall, Briggs Bengals or something.

This was the first year of Alliance and it had some newness to it. If the Alliance PCF weekday and weekend league stuff doesn't get going this year the PGF may have a chance to get some organizations back, especially if they make a few changes. Be great if they could not put their Championships the same week

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Briggs had the best SCA 16 team this year, looks like they're parting ways from the A's and doing their own thing this fall, Briggs Bengals or something.
Wow. I hadn't heard that. SCA appears to be fading. Medina moved his teams to FC about a year ago. Jendro's teams separated themselves, too.

Similar thing happened with Choppers. Kim Ensey took her teams and created Empire. A handful of other Choppers teams changed orgs, too. My DD's team is one of the few left, it seems.

Aug 3, 2016
Gasso is ALWAYS at PGF, and usually give the same speech.... "2 claps"

I can only speak for the 16U teams and with Batbusters I don't know who their top 16U team is. The top FC teams I mentioned before were at Alliance. The Medina FC team is who I would probably rank as the 4th best So Cal FC team, I'm not sure if they went to tier 2 Alliance or PGF. The Carroll Mercado teams are a separate entity from the Academy teams, Carroll runs their own show through their own facility. So Cal As Briggs had their 16U team in Alliance, their 18s didn't qualify so they stayed home and went to PGF. Briggs had the best SCA 16 team this year, looks like they're parting ways from the A's and doing their own thing this fall, Briggs Bengals or something.

This was the first year of Alliance and it had some newness to it. If the Alliance PCF weekday and weekend league stuff doesn't get going this year the PGF may have a chance to get some organizations back, especially if they make a few changes. Be great if they could not put their Championships the same week

I think you’re thinking of Sue Enquist, not Patty Gasso.

Nov 8, 2020
That's right, Enquist is the one who stayed home in So Cal and Gasso is the one who left home to bud a program elsewhere. Guess I should pay attention to college softball.

Hopefully Gasso is also visiting one of those Southern California schools holding out on starting softball and interviewing with building a program at home instead of elsewhere.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

Sue Enquist is currently in Tokyo with the US Women's Volleyball team. PGF FB page posted a pic of Gasso yesterday. Both times I've been to PGF I've seen Gasso. The first time, she was on hand to witness an epic "hissy quit" - LOL.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
That would have been cool for 16s.
What was always cool about PGF were the get togethers at the beach or somewhere after the team/season was done. The way things ended in Oklahoma had half the team looking in to getting their flights changed instead of staying a couple extra days to watch the 18s continue to play.

Noone is staying around a couple of extra days unless you live in the area. Just sayin'.

Aug 3, 2016
Sue Enquist is currently in Tokyo with the US Women's Volleyball team. PGF FB page posted a pic of Gasso yesterday. Both times I've been to PGF I've seen Gasso. The first time, she was on hand to witness an epic "hissy quit" - LOL.
I was referring to the "two clap" speech. That's Enquist's shtick. Pic of Gasso was on the PGF twitter page yesterday or the day before.

Jun 8, 2016
Probably checking on Bahl..doubt it was any CA kids since I am not sure she is aware there are any other clubs other than Stith and they are in OKC 😂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom