Alliance vs. PGF???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Heard of 2 teams who dropped out of alliance.
Could have played but said
'done'

Wonder what thats about?
Early flights?
Heard players were exhausted maybe thats why?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Yes, many 14u So Cal teams were pressured by orgs. to join the Alliance and forgo PGF. So these families spent big money ($7500 per approx.) to go to Florida and play other So Cal teams they can play here every weekend. The Tier 2 14u Alliance had less than 25 teams (8 or 9 from CA). Its a very different format where the top 8 teams play in 3 game series.(like college)

I forgot to mention heat and rain. I heard 16u in OK had rain too.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Interestingly, I thought my DD's team would have been pressured into going to OK for the 16U Nationals. Instead they went to California PGF Nationals. By all accounts they enjoyed California way more than had they gone to OK, although they lost earlier than I had hoped for.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Temperature at Huntington Beach Softball Complex at 3PM: 75
Temperature at Oklahoma City at 3PM: 96.

Alliance wants $2K for this OKC party. Add travel expenses, and that's a lot of coin for what's happening and where.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Corona Angels, Batbusters, Firecrackers, and Mercado Athletics top teams all being at Alliance instead of PGF is a clearly coordinated effort, even though all of those teams were in So Cal the week before for TC Nationals. You can bet for sure that it's a money thing. PGF has been successful, and the top dogs are unhappy with what they're getting out of it. I would expect more of the top orgs across the country will be on the Alliance train next year.

Nov 8, 2020
The Alliance 16U tier 1 title game will be between 2 California teams.
In 18U the final 4 are 2 Southern California teams playing in one semi and 2 Texas teams in another semi.

I'm not sure how the 14U teams are doing in Florida or the 10s and 12's in So Cal.

Seemed like people just wanted something new. California locking everything down last year and PGF rumored to drag their feet a bit on refunds may have had something to do with it but the Alliance was organized too quickly, IMO, to have not already been in the works.
PGF has some travel org affiliations, Alliance has some other travel org affiliations. Hopefully, in the future, the 2 championships won't take place the same week.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28