Alliance Fastpitch Tournaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2016
What do you think about tournaments run by U-trip, USA, and PGF partnership with the Alliance. Trying to get one series of National league tournaments with standardized point system complete with regionals leading to a big year ending championship?

Looking like our team is going to be part of the league.
Heart of America Fastpitch League.

Six other leagues are already being formed.
Anyone from Texas care to share thoughts as they're already playing in these leagues.?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
We didn’t play this summer in TFL (Texas Fastpitch League), since they didn’t have 12u. However, I went and watched Championship week and it was really really good softball. We have registered to play this fall. The Coaches Zoom call the other night was enough to sell me. Excited where they are headed.

Feb 3, 2016
We didn’t play this summer in TFL (Texas Fastpitch League), since they didn’t have 12u. However, I went and watched Championship week and it was really really good softball. We have registered to play this fall. The Coaches Zoom call the other night was enough to sell me. Excited where they are headed.
It seem legitimate. I'm curious to know how they will have detailed stats on every player documented throughout the year. Assume a requirement to have digital record of the game will be required. No manual hardcopy book.

It'll be weird to have a Championship game with a non-league team and could consider it like a pool game as it wouldn't have points either way.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Not too familiar with the Alliance as I have stepped away. TFL claimed that stats would be posted during their first Zoom call in the spring. Which they did not. And the standings page was kind of hap hazard. But they did the best with what they had. In the end, the teams that ended up in the top of the bracket are the teams that should have been there anyway. This format gives an opportunity for an upcoming team that is not in the Texas Softball Illuminati a chance to break through to play with the Big Girls.

One of the goals is to develop a Tier level for teams. In the past if you were in the Softball Illuminati your team was placed on the good fields with the good teams. Those teams that didn't have the recognition or clout were usually cast aside. Of course they would complain they should be on the Big Girl Fields during showcases. Now they have a voice with their win lose record at the Finals. How did your team perform? Did you crack the top 20? If not, get better and try again next year. I think they are going in a good direction.

Feb 3, 2016
Looks like a chance for smaller softball markets to attract, secure and keep the better high caliber players in these areas.

Can the midwest compete on the bigger softball stage and possibly keep larger high-powered organizations from plundering smaller orgs. and pilfering girls?

We know they can compete but It's taken to long imo for IA, MO, KS, OK, and TX teams to show the coasts what's up. :)

(List above should include all Central US states...)

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
They are hoping people use AGL for stats, but they understand some frustration and limitations, so they are considering pulling in GC stats in addition. It seems like a mess, but they are working with what they have.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Looks like a chance for smaller softball markets to attract, secure and keep the better high caliber players in these areas.

Can the midwest compete on the bigger softball stage and possibly keep larger high-powered organizations from plundering smaller orgs. and pilfering girls?

We know they can compete but It's taken to long imo for IA, MO, KS, OK, and TX teams to show the coasts what's up. :)

(List above should include all Central US states...)

I think TX teams have been showing out for a while now. Just sayin'! Go back through the Finishes from USA softball Gold nationals over the past 15 years. It's actually pretty fun to see some of the team names on those lists.

Jun 8, 2016
DD’s 12U team is signed up (or will be soon) for an “Alliance” tournament in OK at the end of October. Will be interesting to see who enters it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802