Alliance Fall Cup forcing teams to use AGL for scoring

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2015
Anyone have any idea what’s up with The Alliance Fall Cup in OKC this weekend - tournament is forcing home teams to use Athletes Go Live to score the games, while the tourney uses GameChanger.

Why? Why?

Jul 31, 2015
Nvm.

Figured it out - it’s a way to force teams to learn to use AGL. So AGL can try to steal audience members from GC.

Ain’t gonna happen. And wishing ain’t gonna make it so.

GIGO

Jun 8, 2016
That looks like a nice tournament. Despite it being a "home game" none of the 16's or 18's in DD's org are playing since OK is one of the few states that plays HS FP in the Fall.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
That looks like a nice tournament. Despite it being a "home game" none of the 16's or 18's in DD's org are playing since OK is one of the few states that plays HS FP in the Fall.

I don't know if you knew this, but Brian is one of the HFL directors, and they've been pushing hard to get all of the "good" Oklahoma orgs involved in the Alliance deal. It makes me wonder if they know something the rest of us don't know, re changing the FP season here. I know the head of FFS has been pushing for it to change for a long time.

Jun 8, 2016
I don't know if you knew this, but Brian is one of the HFL directors, and they've been pushing hard to get all of the "good" Oklahoma orgs involved in the Alliance deal. It makes me wonder if they know something the rest of us don't know, re changing the FP season here. I know the head of FFS has been pushing for it to change for a long time.
Yes. I knew he (Brian Madden is the org head for Marcela's org for those who are wondering what we are talking about..) was one of the HFL directors. Marcela's team has been "asked" to enter a few of the HFL tournaments already.

Edit: With regards to moving FP to Spring I don't see why they cannot just switch FP and SP if they want to keep SP. If they want to get rid of SP I think they would have to replace it with another sport due to Title IX. I know in MA they have field hockey but I wouldn't wish having to watch your daughter play a sport where this is a whistle every 2.5 seconds on anybody.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020
Looks like AGL may be sponsoring the tournament? I would just score on both AGL and GC. That is what I have been doing since picking up AGL and the only reason I did that is because that is what college coaches started using.

Scoring on both is not too hard and having GC as a backup if/when the AGL servers seize up is a boon. I would use GC to catch up with the scoring on AGL once the servers started working again.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
you know, if the AGL product worked as well as GC, or heck - if it just worked as promised,
people might use it voluntarily... just sayin'

A few issues:
1. When volume of active users is high, the server communication for scoring locks-up.
2. The video resolution of archived games is really awful. FB Live looks like an IMAX in comparison...

Both of these issues point to a "stinginess" of server capacity.
Step up AGL! You have a golden opportunity. Don't fall flat on your faces, for much longer...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812