All Star System Seven - yeah it's a baseball glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Shout out to Annasdad for convincing us to try this glove! Not only are we testing out the glove but also the Just Gloves 100 Day Love Your Glove Guarantee...so far so good, the purchase and shipping went as smoothly as anyone could expect. The FGS7-PT is a 12" glove that my DD intends to use primarily when pitching (she's used and loved a Vinci BV1929L for the past three yrs and just plain wore thing out). She also plays CF and has a dedicated OF glove for those duties.

IMG_8108.jpgIMG_8109.jpgIMG_8110.jpgIMG_8113.jpg

Fairly impressed with the quality of this glove so far, especially at the price paid. It seems to be breaking in nicely but will still be a couple more weeks before being game ready. I've had DD trying the TIP on this glove and she's sort of getting used to it but not sure it;s going to be her thing. Also the index finger hood is a bit over the top but I'm telling her to put her finger over top of it for extra padding. ;-) Time will tell...

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Looks like a very well built glove, I'm sure there's a pretty big difference between these and the Vela FP models! I just noticed it has split welting.........I didn't know that! My CMW3000 has rolled welting! Yeah you stole that glove!

I think finger hoods are an abomination!! On my CMW3000, that's exactly what I do, put my index on top just like you said, you can't even tell there's a hood there anymore, it just looks like a finger pad.

Your last pic of the ball in the pocket, it looks like a perfect sized glove! How's the hand stall size for your DD?

Split welting huh? That glove would make a pretty cool candidate to do a web swap and re-lace with tan Tanners! ;)

Oct 1, 2014
USA
The hand stall sizing was a big concern but honestly this glove fits my DD perfectly and I'd say she has "average" size hands (whatever that means). And I kinda like the black lace on this one!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Long(er) term review and follow up. So this glove continues to be DD's favorite glove when pitching. It has seen considerable year round use starting mid season Sr year of High School, a very full 18U TB Winter & Spring season, two years of College ball and of course it's on her hand constantly for practice. She still loves the feel and the looks of this glove.

However, she brought it to me today (finally home for the summer), she had been telling me about a tear inside the finger stalls. Actually there are two spots where the thinner internal lining has failed, either wearing out or simply tearing, the index finger and the ring finger between the finger tip and the first knuckle. I suspect this may have something to do with the force of her slap (on the thigh) at the end of the pitch. The tear on the ring finger has exposed the finger stay/internals. DD claims it doesn't bother her but I suspect it will get worse rather quickly from this point forward.

I'm not sure of any possible way to repair this but am open to possible suggestions?

Long(er) term review and follow up. So this glove continues to be DD's favorite glove when pitching. It has seen considerable year round use starting mid season Sr year of High School, a very full 18U TB Winter & Spring season, two years of College ball and of course it's on her hand constantly for practice. She still loves the feel and the looks of this glove.

However, she brought it to me today (finally home for the summer), she had been telling me about a tear inside the finger stalls. Actually there are two spots where the thinner internal lining has failed, either wearing out or simply tearing, the index finger and the ring finger between the finger tip and the first knuckle. I suspect this may have something to do with the force of her slap (on the thigh) at the end of the pitch. The tear on the ring finger has exposed the finger stay/internals. DD claims it doesn't bother her but I suspect it will get worse rather quickly from this point forward.

I'm not sure of any possible way to repair this but am open to possible suggestions?
Maybe send it to someone that repairs gloves like Dan Davis of Davisrelacing? If anyone could, I’d imagine he could fix it.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Yeah, I am planning to reach out and ask about it but given where the interior leather is torn (an much thinner) I have my doubts. I've used Jeff Rous for a couple gloves in the past. We got a great deal on a couple of these All Stars (this System Seven glove and a Catchers Mitt), DD definitely got a lot of use out of this one. I have a Rawlings ProPreferred sitting here that hasn't even begun to be broken in, she chose the All Star over it and I had planned on selling the Rawlings but it's just such a damn nice glove!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wes_K