All-star mvp2510 chin pad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 21, 2019
DD plays C and has an issue with her chin pad breaking her chin out. We wash it after every practice/tournament but she sweats a lot and winds up breaking out. Thought about buying the deer skin pad but not sure it will help. Any ideas?

Oct 8, 2020
Hi there! My name is Jo, and I work in the Fastpitch Division at All-Star. Over the years, we haven't had too many issues with the MVP chin pad, but everyone's skin reacts a little bit differently. I'd love to hear more about what is bothering her, and I'd be happy to brainstorm a few ways to potentially alleviate this problem for your daughter. The best way to reach me is by email: jclair@all-starsports.com. Thanks!

DD plays C and has an issue with her chin pad breaking her chin out. We wash it after every practice/tournament but she sweats a lot and winds up breaking out. Thought about buying the deer skin pad but not sure it will help. Any ideas?

Sep 21, 2019
Oh it is not a particular problem with the MVP chin pad design or anything like that. She has the same issues with her field face mask chin pads as well. The problem is they all absorb sweat. For her fielding masks we have several on hand that we swap out as needed. The sweat is the problem the pads are just the vehicle.

way back when I was playing the pads in my catching helmet/face mask were of like a vinyl non-absorbing material. The sweat just simply beaded up and rolled off.

my question was really around the deerskin pad being similar to my old gear. Meaning I was curious if it would absorb the sweat or allow it to roll off.

edit: I actually ordered the deerskin pad this morning, so we will atleast have an extra on hand that will be clean and ready to go at all times.

Oct 8, 2020
For sure! I understand what you're getting at between absorbing vs. "rolling off". I do think that she will find that deerskin pad does not absorb the sweat, but I will be curious if she is okay with the feeling of the deerskin, especially when it might be moist due to the sweat. Either way, keep us posted because it's always good to hear what our customers are experiencing.

If there's anything else I can help with, let me know!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28