Alexis 12yrs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Yep, I use the "Babe Ruth" drill with 2 ft together and stride for years now.

Is this is the "SNF" drill? Have not done this one. I use a similar type drill but not with the feet planted and not moving.

Yes. I have Marcela do it with front toss and also do a version where you don't start with the upper half load preset.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The feet crossed portion of the babe Ruth drill is what I have focused on. It presets the hips and shoulders closed. Which in turn helps the sequence start in the right direction.

some instruction may be needed to get a player feeling or sequencing correctly. It’s not about the drill, it’s about the instruction within the drill that should make the difference. Otherwise the drill won’t impact anything...

Reminds me of the ‘inside the ball’ stuff many teach. What ends up happening is kids start developing an oppo push pattern that can’t hit for their max pop. From the intent of staying inside for too long.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Well said "hitters beat the pitcher to your position" don't let the pitcher dictate your AB. Rich proves he was a defensive hitter.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2016
Probably the last games and AB's for the fall this weekend. Hit ok each game, 2 for 3 and 1 for 2. This was probably hardest hit ball of the hits. To me, still doesn't seem the finish "through" impact if that makes sense. More "to" impact than "through" impact. Still gotta work on staying back longer with hands, elbow and shoulder at toe touch to help with overall power/explosiveness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28