Alexis 12yrs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
I know some don’t like weighted balls but they are good for driving the core through the ball
Yep...we have used weighted balls to reinforce driving "through" impact. But gotta make sure not to use composite bats with heavy balls. I have an old aluminum bat we use for my team at that station in BP.

Mar 6, 2016
Love the swing Quigs.. QQ, do you have a video of her hitting in a cage... machine fed?

Ok, I finally have a video of her hitting front toss. I was the one pitching from about 15ft away while another coach took the video. I have 3 swings in normal speed and then he also put the same 3 swings in a video on Slo Mo.

3 things stand out for me that need to be improved especially on slo mo, but I want to hear ideas from others as well.
Also, to give a sense of distance for these 3 hits ...this is on a field that is 200ft fences and 1 hit was about 180. Can you tell which one? :unsure: The other two were a line drive/ground ball to LF and a fly ball to CF.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Drag is an over rotation thing. Or a rotation thing. It should be addressed. Early side bend is also a killer. That happens mostly bc the frontside isn’t leveraged.

The main culprit is powering the swing with rotation from the ground up. See if this makes sense.

4:15 mark.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Ok, I finally have a video of her hitting front toss. I was on pitching from about 15ft away while another coach took the video. I have 3 swings in normal speed and then he also put the same 3 swings in a video on Slo Mo.

3 things stand out for me that need to be improved especially on slo mo, but I want to hear ideas from others as well.
Also, to give a sense of distance for these 3 hits ...this is on a field that is 200ft fences and 1 hit was about 180. Can you tell which one? :unsure: The other two were a line drive/ground ball to LF and a fly ball to CF.

Don't try this at home?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449