Alexis 12yrs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Mar 6, 2016
The one thing I took away from this is that she has used more uniform combinations in the time frame which spanned those pictures then I used in 15 years of playing ball... 🤣
LOL, yeah the Cruisers are kinda like the Oregon Ducks of softball. lots of different possibilities for combos. 4 basic dri fit jerseys and black or white pants and socks and you got a lot of choices. I leave it to the girls to choose. They like it.

Jun 8, 2016
Have her do the second of the two Babe Ruth drills (feet crossed) and try and maintain the angles she has at setup
as she moves out:

Also a top hand drill like below might be helpful (use a short/light bat with baseballs):

Perhaps these will be useful.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Have her do the second of the two Babe Ruth drills (feet crossed) and try and maintain the angles she has at setup
as she moves out:

Also a top hand drill like below might be helpful (use a short/light bat with baseballs):

Perhaps these will be useful.

the top hand isolated can really keep the hips square. Instant feedback. If you rotate the hips early you lose the barrel. Kinda like a real swing. Go figure. Also educates the hands. 👍🙌 👏 nice post P.

Jun 8, 2016
the top hand isolated can really keep the hips square. Instant feedback. If you rotate the hips early you lose the barrel. Kinda like a real swing. Go figure. Also educates the hands. 👍🙌 👏 nice post P.
Yup if you do it wrong you will have no choice but to slice outside pitches and hook inside pitches. It has been something I have been doing with Marcela.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
A simple focus on staying square and launching the hands is the remedy. Like the practice swings. The oppo hits will be more towards the middle pull side w power. The release of the barrel will be quick and pure. Not guided and drug by the torso/shoulders. This is what I think of when folks say ‘ the hands just hold onto the bat’ LOL!! Nope!

The hips are not an active power source EVER. Just asking for pully, draggy swings when this is a concept.

There’s plenty of flexion in the top wrist. Which usually happens during the load w a player w a stronger grip. The reason impact looks different is the hands are mostly ‘dead’ at launch. But there’s still wrist flexion at load.

If the hands are dead the body will recruit other means. This is the case here. imho.

Apr 17, 2019
Take an old bat, unwrap the grip, put a piece of string or wire on the handle and rewrap it; to mimic a golf grip with a ridge. Or get a this from Dick's.

Or go to eBay and buy a used Mattingly V-Grip bat to practice with.

I do this for pvc training bats: unsharpened pencil & a tennis racquet overgrip (they're cheap). The overgrip leaves no residue, you could even do it on her "real" bat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom