Alabama home cooked strike zone

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
Don't sleep on UW. They're 14-1 (outscoring opponents 121-50), and Sis Bates only played six games before suffering a concussion. Gabbie Plain also hasn't been her usual dominant self yet. I still like them to win the Pac-12.
Gabriel's arm looks tired from what I saw of here in Florida.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2013
If you think the umpiring in the Bama Bash was bad, take a look at some Florida non-conference home games! Wow!
DD pitches against Barnhill a couple years ago. Guess who they called for an illegal pitch! 😂

Not saying DD wasn’t illegal, just funny the only time they called it that year was in Florida.

Nov 18, 2013
Seems like the umps aren't even gonna try to hide it. I have no dog in the fight but just watching this penn state game.. dead red strikes are being called balls all benefitting Alabama. Announcers stay completely quite. Team should be good enough to win without outside help
Gopher fans are all too familiar with Alabama umpires. Ugh.

Feb 20, 2020
DD pitches against Barnhill a couple years ago. Guess who they called for an illegal pitch! 😂

Not saying DD wasn’t illegal, just funny the only time they called it that year was in Florida.

Ah, c'mon. They got Kelly plenty.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
Gopher fans are all too familiar with Alabama umpires. Ugh.

This was the called ball 3 in the last at-bat before the ump walked in the winning run for AL. This was the moment I knew the game was fixed. Before this at-bat, the umpire allowed a phantom hit-by-pitch to get on base. After this call, Sara G slowly walked towards homeplate, within a few feet, and glared at the umpire - not smart to show up the umpire but you couldn't blame her.

Attachments

• ball 3a1.jpg
    ball 3a1.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 32
  • ball 3a.jpg
    ball 3a.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 32
Jun 8, 2016
This was the called ball 3 in the last at-bat before the ump walked in the winning run for AL. This was the moment I knew the game was fixed. Before this at-bat, the umpire allowed a phantom hit-by-pitch to get on base. After this call, Sara G slowly walked towards homeplate, within a few feet, and glared at the umpire - not smart to show up the umpire but you couldn't blame her.
TBH, from that angle you cannot tell. Could be outside.

Aug 8, 2016
It looks like the catcher was set up well inside and the ball was thrown outside. Its tough to get that call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28