Alabama high school softball "outside participation rule"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
You comments were not qualified as such in your original post. And yes I have a tendency to get tightly wound when people speak in all encompassing generalities and make claims for which it is impossible for them to have first hand knowledge.

Unless it would seem if those all encompassing generalities are in agreement with your own

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Unless it would seem if those all encompassing generalities are in agreement with your own

I am usually pretty careful to qualify the scope and origin of my statements. Some others rarely make any attempt to do so. At times when a qualification or scope is lacking, it is generally understood that the statement is a generality. Such as your statement regarding the posting policies in the State of Michigan. It is most likely the norm as it surely is in most locations. But is it doubtful that you can state unequivocally that policy holds in every single district in your state. However, to my knowledge you have never made sweeping statements of fact. So the scope and your comments are understood and appreciated. Unfortunately that is not always the case with some posts.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
How is that possible? They are off campus solely for the purpose of the evaluation of a player.

" An evaluation day is defined as one coach engaged in the evaluation of any prospect on one day
(12:01a.m. to midnight)."

During the evaluation period, which is during HS ball, the coach can go to as many school ball games as they wish as long as no contact is made with the athlete.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
During the evaluation period, which is during HS ball, the coach can go to as many school ball games as they wish as long as no contact is made with the athlete.

I stand corrected. With that in mind college coaches must really not have much time to, or interest in attending High School games. I guess when coaches told me they couldn't it really meant that they wouldn't.

Oct 18, 2009
Not true at our high school. Our high school players get exposed on a ratio much better than 20x.

Again, an incorrect travel softball statement.

Please challenge my high school softball statements. I do not shoot from the cuff, hoping something will stick.

OK. Please tell us how many players on your DD's HS team that are able to get D1/D2 scholarships with only HS and without any TB play?

Apr 7, 2014
I appreciate your input. As you can tell this is something that is really bothering me. My wife has told me to leave it alone and that she is tired of hearing about it, lol. I have never posted anything on the internet before this posting. I guess this is therapy for me. I needed to determine if this is my problem alone or if there are other parents that have the same issues.

I have considered that maybe I am biased against the situation at the school but I have close family that work at the same school as teachers and one of those close relative is a teacher and coach. I am also one of the directors of the athletic booster club. Please trust me when I tell you we have a messed up situation here that is hurting the student athletes.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I appreciate your input. As you can tell this is something that is really bothering me. My wife has told me to leave it alone and that she is tired of hearing about it, lol. I have never posted anything on the internet before this posting. I guess this is therapy for me. I needed to determine if this is my problem alone or if there are other parents that have the same issues.

I have considered that maybe I am biased against the situation at the school but I have close family that work at the same school as teachers and one of those close relative is a teacher and coach. I am also one of the directors of the athletic booster club. Please trust me when I tell you we have a messed up situation here that is hurting the student athletes.

I get that you don't like it. I support your right to voice your opinion. But I don't understand how this hurts the student athletes. Most states have a similar rule, so its not like your dd is behind the 8 ball on being recruited. And how many college coaches are going to travel tourneys during their own season, like some have pointed out HS isn't recruited partly because the college coaches are all busy with their own season. I can see your dd being hurt if your HS coach is monkeying with her swing or how she pitches... But other then that, I guess I am not seeing the harm to an athlete's future. Even the softball hotbed of California has similar rules, it doesn't seem to keep those girls from being recruited.

And BTW keep posting, don't make this the only thread you participate on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802