AGL Question: What mic do you use for announcing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 30, 2020
I’ve watched two different live streams on recruiting the last two days and both had comments that college coaches prefer to have someone announcing who is at bat, pitching, makes a play, etc when they are watching a game live stream on AGL, Facebook, or any other platform.

So, my question is for those who have been announcing their AGL games. What microphone have you been using or would recommend for use with an Android/iOS device?

Nov 5, 2014
I’ve watched two different live streams on recruiting the last two days and both had comments that college coaches prefer to have someone announcing who is at bat, pitching, makes a play, etc when they are watching a game live stream on AGL, Facebook, or any other platform.

So, my question is for those who have been announcing their AGL games. What microphone have you been using or would recommend for use with an Android/iOS device?
I can only tell you about our experience using the AGL cameras so this may not be true for all Android/IOS devices but we were only able to use the onboard mic. We tried a couple of different external mic setups with no luck. We could get them to work with the tablet's camera if we recorded outside of the AGL app but when recording through AGL we could never make it work.

Jun 30, 2020
I can only tell you about our experience using the AGL cameras so this may not be true for all Android/IOS devices but we were only able to use the onboard mic. We tried a couple of different external mic setups with no luck. We could get them to work with the tablet's camera if we recorded outside of the AGL app but when recording through AGL we could never make it work.

Yeah, I was on an AGL Q&A live stream today and they mentioned that as an issue. Their upcoming camera is going to have Bluetooth so a mic can be used.

For the existing camera, they are working on a fix for wired mics to work with the app.

Feb 7, 2016
I don't use the AGL camera but I do stream using my own GoPro with a wireless mic. I use the Rode Wireless Go mic set up. My wife does YouTube videos and I "borrowed" this system from her. It's pricy, but works very well. It's also the go to system for most mobile vloggers.

Amazon product ASIN B07Y3VC994

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812