agility drills

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
While doing some agility drills with the girls, some were having a hard time staying focused, so I had them pair up and had a pairs hop scotch game the last 30 minutes of practice. The girls are 13-15 years old. We did are hopping one foot,then the other and thenon both. The girls had a blast and we finished the drill. Some of the little leauge and high school coaches were upset by this. Is it really that wrong to have some fun while doing some of this drills.

May 12, 2008
Fun with agility drills

While doing some agility drills with the girls, some were having a hard time staying focused, so I had them pair up and had a pairs hop scotch game the last 30 minutes of practice. The girls are 13-15 years old. We did are hopping one foot,then the other and thenon both. The girls had a blast and we finished the drill. Some of the little leauge and high school coaches were upset by this. Is it really that wrong to have some fun while doing some of this drills?

May 5, 2008
absolutely not wrong to have fun doing drills. Especially if you make them fun AND competitive that's a double bonus.

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
With that age group - transform your drills into games or contest. Have 2 runners go against each other, make teams and have some relay. Play games like British Bulldog or some form of tags where A LOT of people are moving. That is the best way to do it with that age group.

Marc

May 16, 2008
Yes, what I have found is that the girls love to compete. Make the drills a competition and award points for different aspects that are covered. They love to compete against each other and themselves.

kskt4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802