Advise, Sugestions?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2014
Tee swings are always terrible to judge.

She actually does not look too bad but it's hard to tell because given the position of the tee and the way she is positioned I don't think it is comparable to what she would look like at the plate...angle looks off.

I like the fact she does not get over her back leg and stays inside it does not look like a sway back and it looks like she gets coil but I think it is not real (it may be an illusion); whats happening is it looks like it because of the exaggerated shoulder turn that she won't be able duplicate since she has to be able to see the ball and can't do that with that kind of shoulder turn (again with the angle of how she is set up). She does reach back as she strides forward which is a good thing versus leaking all her power forward (although she does leak a little). She doesn't dump and swing flat so that's good but her plane looks like it could be a little better but hard to tell with the high tee.

I think it would be invaluable to get a machine, BP or in game swing...before passing judgement

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_orv9i6I3dH1usf292o1_250.gif

tumblr_orv9rjsY0b1usf292o1_250.gif

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Tee swings are always terrible to judge.

She actually does not look too bad but it's hard to tell because given the position of the tee and the way she is positioned I don't think it is comparable to what she would look like at the plate...angle looks off.

I like the fact she does not get over her back leg and stays inside it does not look like a sway back and it looks like she gets coil but I think it is not real (it may be an illusion); whats happening is it looks like it because of the exaggerated shoulder turn that she won't be able duplicate since she has to be able to see the ball and can't do that with that kind of shoulder turn (again with the angle of how she is set up). She does reach back as she strides forward which is a good thing versus leaking all her power forward (although she does leak a little). She doesn't dump and swing flat so that's good but her plane looks like it could be a little better but hard to tell with the high tee.

I think it would be invaluable to get a machine, BP or in game swing...before passing judgement

I would also like to see a low ball tee set-up or better yet an extremely low ball (just below the knees) to see how she reacts, body tilt etc. or better yet, front toss to that location both inside and outside.

Apr 17, 2015
RD, not sure if there is a thought behind the grip setup. She's always been told to keep the bat in the fingers, maybe that's her way of getting it there. I'll try to get some front toss video up sometime in the near future. Looks like we'll be dealing with tropical storm Cindy for a few days, so not sure when we'll be able to get some work in. Thanks everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802