Advice on DD opening too wide

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2020
Ive been trying to work with my DD (11yr) on trying to fix her issue of opening up too wide during her pitching motions. So while i am catching her, Looking straight at her, When she pushes off to stride, Her arm is not whipping in a perfect circle. Im actually loosing sight of her arm as she whips behind her to the side, and shes having to come back around to snap the ball, which is causing the ball to spin in a clock wise spin was its approaching me. Its loosing SOOOO much velocity i have noticed. What can i do to help this?

Apr 1, 2021
Northern VA
Ive been trying to work with my DD (11yr) on trying to fix her issue of opening up too wide during her pitching motions. So while i am catching her, Looking straight at her, When she pushes off to stride, Her arm is not whipping in a perfect circle. Im actually loosing sight of her arm as she whips behind her to the side, and shes having to come back around to snap the ball, which is causing the ball to spin in a clock wise spin was its approaching me. Its loosing SOOOO much velocity i have noticed. What can i do to help this?
My 13yr old DD has had that same issue and continues to battle it. A couple of drills her PC has her work on are arm circles against the wall (example - )

and PVC pipe

(ex - ).

This site also has some great resources in the Pitching Forum...paricularly this thread https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/i-r-in-the-classroom.10321/.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Great questions and lots of knowledgeable and helpful coaches on this site that can help but without video we can only guess. Is it a stride , arm circle , or snap question? With the stride, I like the pitcher to lift the leg with the hip.

Attachments

• 1F15950D-711A-441B-BA44-D0646704FB72.png
    1F15950D-711A-441B-BA44-D0646704FB72.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 29

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802