Advice needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2016
Working with the DD on correcting some mechanics of her swing. Working on numbers drill to get her hips to lead her hands. Noticing a high lead shoulder/elbow, and barrel falling well below a level plane. Is there anything besides a high tee drill, or reverse upper hand grip to get her to keep her rear elbow behind her hands during the swing. All advice and critique welcome as well. video:

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Op, this is an all back swing. Casting will result. learn the happy Gilmore drill. Look up the Ryan Braun drill as well. If you have any questions ask.

Sep 29, 2014
Please use something different than a tee and mechanical drill actual pitch or at least front toss. While probably close my guess is her full in motion swing doesn't look like this so it would help to get a better perspective and not possibly give advice for something that may not be borken

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_ppvc2e7zKN1usf292o1_250.gif

tumblr_ppvc161EEx1usf292o1_250.gif

Stop doing what ever you're doing. Unless you like bat drag and other flaws. Read.......

Mar 7, 2016
Here is another video from a plate appearance. She one hopped a 250 ft fence. 7/10 on the weekend 3 doubles, this triple/HR, rest line drives/grounders. I still think she is casting her hands. She has been working on the top video Eric post above. Her bat path and hands being level to the ball are something we are working on:

Sep 17, 2009
Congrats to her on the great results. Take the advice above and also work on her mechanics. Lots of good advice and examples above. The first thing to start on and it will help with a lot of the other issues is to take the PAUSE out of her game swing. It was put into the swing by the drills like the one in the first post.

She should start early and slow and flow in and out of her swing (or take) with no pause. Start with that and as Rdbass said above there's plenty of read and learn on this site. good luck.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Let me ask this question, how many like the lead arm finish in the original clip posted and the new clip of the at bat? This is a common issue in many swings so I was wondering how many like or dislike the lead arm function in these swings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478