Advice needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 8, 2016
DD played in a showcase tournament this past week. She had emailed several college coaches and several came and watched games she played. To be honest she had a terrible weekend at the plate. My thoughts are she should email those coaches and thank them for coming and say she had a bad weekend hitting and she is going work hard to fix it or something similar. She also had a badly bruised shoulder that affected her throwing. She refuses to share that information with the coaches as well. I am looking for advice as to how she should proceed. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feb 17, 2015
USA
I'd send them a personal note via snail mail thanking them. This is a nice touch. I would not make excuses either. If she has a good video it doesn't matter much as they can see her level of play there. The coaches realize that kids have bad weekends. When this happens they are more interested in how your DD responds to the adversity and carries herself. Does she pout and withdraw or does she remain positive and keep battling for her team and support her teammates.

Jun 11, 2012
I’d have her email them and thank them for coming and ask them to come again to a different tournament. My DD had a horrible day at the plate the first time the coach of the school she’s committed to watched her. But she had a great attitude and the coach liked that. The next time the coach came she had a great game.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
DD played in a showcase tournament this past week. She had emailed several college coaches and several came and watched games she played. To be honest she had a terrible weekend at the plate. My thoughts are she should email those coaches and thank them for coming and say she had a bad weekend hitting and she is going work hard to fix it or something similar. She also had a badly bruised shoulder that affected her throwing. She refuses to share that information with the coaches as well. I am looking for advice as to how she should proceed. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Send the thank you email. Let them know your coming schedule. Etc, etc...

She doesn't need to mention how well/not well she played last weekend. Send links to latest skills video and highlights. Reiterate why she might be interested in the school (softball/education/location,/etc/etc). And so forth.

If they were interested enough to come out once, they will be interested to come out again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802