Advice Needed - college freshmen - when to worry?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2015
I didn't disagree that having children before you are ready is a bad thing..but you knew that.
Roger that. Just disputing that it's *theory* and not *proven* OVER AND OVER AND OVER throughout history and every other country and culture. ;-)

Jan 31, 2015
Coaches also have rules about "Not dating" your teammates or your coaches....but it still happens!
Sure. And not ALL of the suspensions have been due to partying. Several have been from showing up late to practices and/or showing up to your individual hitting training session w/o the $350 bat that was GIVEN to you! i.e. lack of responsibility!

Jun 8, 2016
Roger that. Just disputing that it's *theory* and not *proven* OVER AND OVER AND OVER throughout history and every other country and culture. ;-)
When I said "nice in theory" I was agreeing that IF you could get everybody to listen to that advice it would be a good solution..

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Sure. And not ALL of the suspensions have been due to partying. Several have been from showing up late to practices and/or showing up to your individual hitting training session w/o the $350 bat that was GIVEN to you! i.e. lack of responsibility!
DD's roommate's forgot that she took her bat bag out of her car and left it at her apt. Luckily her parents live fairly close. How would you feel if you saw your mom walking up to the field with your bat bag over her shoulder? The team had to run poles!

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Not too sure GMU’s coach would like the current issues within the softball team being posted on a fairly well known softball
forum. Not to mention if my daughter was one of the freshman who was suspended, I think it’s pretty petty to put it out there. They’re 17/18 years old and they made a mistake. Hopefully one they learn from. That should be kept within the confines of the program not being blasted on social media by a righteous dad whose daughter was the only one to not get in trouble. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 31, 2015
Well, hopefully HC appreciates the positive support at least. As far as the *sugar-coating* of these *mistakes* read carefully. These are NOT ISOLOATED incidents when several are repeat offenders! Sure, show up late or forgetting a piece of equipment is a mistake, but NOT WILLFULLY DISREGARDING A HC RULE HOURS AFTER HE CONVEYED SAID RULE! That's NOT a mistake. I'm sure those who were not blessed w/ the opportunity to play DI softball would WELCOME the privilege to change places.

And I didn't bring up the partying until the whole idea of underage college drinking seemed to be condoned by multiple posters. BOTH good behavior AND BAD behavior should be recognized along w/ the consequences of BOTH.

Just my $0.02.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
DD's roommate's forgot that she took her bat bag out of her car and left it at her apt. Luckily her parents live fairly close. How would you feel if you saw your mom walking up to the field with your bat bag over her shoulder? The team had to run poles!
Another irrational, old school stick in the mud coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802