Addison 12U Blast Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Just wanted to post. Still has drag. Have worked on front shoulder down during stride. She don’t like that. Have worked on maintaining coil during stride. Just wanted to share

Sep 29, 2014
Nice...not going to do the whole swing breakdown thing cause I'm guessing since she is just bombing it off the tee it's not her "real"/live"swing. Just don't overdo it looking for great numbers and missing out on keeping good form ;) .

Aug 20, 2017
Nice...not going to do the whole swing breakdown thing cause I'm guessing since she is just bombing it off the tee it's not her "real"/live"swing. Just don't overdo it looking for great numbers and missing out on keeping good form ;) .
Yep, game swing is a little different. Launch angle definitely too high. I bought the baseball blast sensor and it compares her to boys her age. They are doing a discount on the blast sensor website. Only $75. I bought off amazon for $100. It’s a motivator to get out and swing so it’s worth it

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I’m really not a fan of using the posture in that manner. Front shoulder raised and the back shoulder lowered too much as she initiates the swing. Hands to far behind the back foot at launch.

What’s the launch angle 22 degrees? Prior to contact the barrel drop way below the ball/hands creating a exaggerated swinging up, looping to much.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

It’s a challenge when your batspeed is known. You have to concentrate for awhile of not just swinging out of your shoes! 😉

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Just wanted to post. Still has drag. Have worked on front shoulder down during stride. She don’t like that. Have worked on maintaining coil during stride. Just wanted to share

Out of curiosity...... why do you believe she has drag? What do see that indicates that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 20, 2017
Out of curiosity...... why do you believe she has drag? What do see that indicates that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Her tee swing is less drag. Game swing has more. If the pitcher throws hard she has little to no drag. Pitcher throwing slow, drag is more prominent. I’ve done everything I’m gonna do to correct drag. Game results are good. As some on here say I don’t want to take a .400 hitter and make a .200 hitter lol

Aug 20, 2017
I’m really not a fan of using the posture in that manner. Front shoulder raised and the back shoulder lowered too much as she initiates the swing. Hands to far behind the back foot at launch.

What’s the launch angle 22 degrees? Prior to contact the barrel drop way below the ball/hands creating a exaggerated swinging up, looping to much.
Tee swing and game swings are way different, crazy, I know! Tee swing has flaws, game swing has flaws. As I said in my original post we have tried to get the front shoulder to work down during the stride. She hated that feel. Back shoulder working down too early aggravates me! She’s pretty flexible so hands at launch doesn’t concern me yet.
Her launch angle is my fault. From the time she could swing a bat, I had her always hit balls in the air. After looking at blast, we’ve got to get that launch angle around 10 degrees, that’s our goal. Gonna work it and post back down the road. Thanks for the input!

Apr 16, 2013
As some on here say I don’t want to take a .400 hitter and make a .200 hitter lol

The problem is, do you want that 400 hitter to become a 200 hitter once she continues on and makes it to 16u? I'm not saying anything about her swing, simply saying to continue learning and growing. A swing that works well in 12u may be a total bust once facing strong 16u pitching. Now is the time to make adjustments and really start learning. She'll also have to accept a level of failure while she's learning.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28