Adding padding to a mitt?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 3, 2013
Relacing her Mizuno Samurai. Can I add padding to the palm? Just a layer of felt? Would gluing it work?
b8669f93a66f0176544415828ebd1eb6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Dec 17, 2019
Stay away from felt or Poron XRD, makes a terrible palm pad! Instead lace in a new cut piece of leather, punch matching holes and lace it in with the heel and palm lace, then use some Glovesmith pocket grease to keep it flat.

Jul 3, 2013
Just buy a Vinci! No extra padding needed!
This one has a season left in it. I'll probably get her a replacement this summer. Vinci is on the short list.

She really doesn't need more, has only mentioned her hand hurting a couple of times over the years. I just thought another layer couldn't hurt.

Jul 3, 2013
Stay away from felt or Poron XRD, makes a terrible palm pad! Instead lace in a new cut piece of leather, punch matching holes and lace it in with the heel and palm lace, then use some Glovesmith pocket grease to keep it flat.
Grease between the new leather and the palm, right? Or on both sides of the new?

Dec 17, 2019
Grease between the new leather and the palm, right? Or on both sides of the new?

Both sides. Where are you located? There’s a couple of guys you could call to get some great information.

Jul 3, 2013
Both sides. Where are you located? There’s a couple of guys you could call to get some great information.

I'm in Missouri. I've relaced 6 or 7 gloves, and have everything i need (1/4", 3/16", some skived, needles, and palm grease, cleaner, and conditioner). I've watched a bunch of the experts youtube videos, and even gotten some advice on technique from them.

Dec 17, 2019
I'm in Missouri. I've relaced 6 or 7 gloves, and have everything i need (1/4", 3/16", some skived, needles, and palm grease, cleaner, and conditioner). I've watched a bunch of the experts youtube videos, and even gotten some advice on technique from them.
You sound good to go to me! Definitely go leather for an added palm pad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee