Add Favorite Catching Picture

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
So even as "recent" as '86, catchers were still using a regular fielder's glove?
Most catchers used mitt.

I used fielders glove always!
Like the secure pocket.
Defensive player. Field everything!

Defensive posture when Runner come in would put left knee down and leave right leg at 90 degree angle. Stopped Runner who tried to dive over me. She got thrown over my back/shoulder and I stood up after the play. Did have big bruise on right shoulder.
Knee's are fine. Always use leg
muscles.

Coach argued with umpire said you can't do that. Umpire said ball was at the plate, it's a play.

Back in the day, if the ball was in Flight toward the catcher the catcher could take a stance to block the plate. I always had it in my mind to score you have to get through me the catcher.

Bring on the pic's & stories!!!

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Wow.....is it possible to have 1 favorite? Yikes!

So I raised 2 catchers (baseball and softball).
Here is my favorite picture of my softball catcher....but she was unfortunately the runner in this case. We titled this one: "You're out...stop arguing" :)
1016443_1403422439872138_648112563_n.jpg

And this is my favorite baseball catcher pic:
12022546_1655193494695030_602616316576131503_o.jpg

Best video would be even harder. But probably my son's trip to E-Town Kentucky many years ago when the boys were 13. Hottest I've even been in my life and he did it all with a smile. Catchers are weird like that. :)
[video]

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Wow.....is it possible to have 1 favorite? Yikes!

So I raised 2 catchers (baseball and softball).
Here is my favorite picture of my softball catcher....but she was unfortunately the runner in this case. We titled this one: "You're out...stop arguing" :)
View attachment 16022

And this is my favorite baseball catcher pic:
View attachment 16023

Best video would be even harder. But probably my son's trip to E-Town Kentucky many years ago when the boys were 13. Hottest I've even been in my life and he did it all with a smile. Catchers are weird like that. :)
[video]

I gotta say, those pitchers gave your son one hell of a workout back there. As a former pitcher, there's no better confidence booster than having a catcher that tells you, "Just throw to make the batter swing. I'll keep it from going past me".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812