Absolute Joke

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Yesterday on Facebook I saw a post from one of the local travel clubs I follow congratulating one of their players for accepting an offer to play at a DIII school.

The funny thing is, the girl they were congratulating played for a different organization from 10U all the way through 2nd year 16U, only changing to her new 18U club at the end of the 2020 season (such as it was). It's possible due to Covid that she has never played a game for her new club.

It's not really an issue at all, just a little amusing. What else could they do? Not recognize her? It does come off as a bit of resume padding for the club and I wonder how common this type of thing is.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Right. Since I guess her old team doesn't post about former players, it's nice that the new team does recognize her achievement. But I do get what you're saying; they didn't really have anything to do with it.

May 27, 2013
I’ve sometimes seen the new clubs list the following, “Committed to x college while playing for x club.” Don’t see that too often but to me that shows respect to the previous club, while the current club also celebrates their player.

Oct 5, 2018
Absolute Joke? Little, ok a lot, strong for my taste.

If she is in fact with the new club, are they supposed to not recognize her at all. Come on, it's not about the orgs either way it's about that kid's accomplishment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2