Abbott throwing gas at the Stand Beside Her Tour

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
If you've never seen Monica Abbott pitch live and up close, I highly recommend it. I don't think this video is doing it any justice, she was throwing fireballs out there. Hit 72 on the gun!

72mph? I think I read somewhere a few years back she hit 80. Keep in mind she is 6’ 3”. If she were 5’6 I would be really impressed.

There are several women now that can break the 70mph barrier. With better mechanics and more drive she could probably be in the mid to upper 70’s on a regular basis.

I put her in the same category with Randy Johnson. At 6’ 10” he should have been in the 105-110 MPH consistently. Mid to upper 90’s is pretty common these days. Again better mechanics more back bend and leg drive.

I know it may sound critical but these two individuals were born to dominate the circle/mound. Yes I’m sure they work/worked extremely hard at their craft but they had an advantage over us mere mortals. They can practically hand the ball to the catcher!!!

Oct 14, 2019
Abbott was just as impressive as advertised. She was virtually unhittable. The Gators made the game close when Abbott left the mound. Abbott and the rest of Team USA were gracious and engaging with the fans. They signed autographs, posed for pictures and positively interacted with fans after the game. It was a great event and DD was thrilled to meet some of her favorite players.

Oct 14, 2019
Yep

I posted this out of mine and my DD's, as well as others in the stands, pure excitement over the gas she was bringing. Don't really care if she could've pitched faster or not. It was impressive to see live nonetheless.
I’m with you. It was awesome. Not sure why the bandit is so mad.

Apr 28, 2019

Not mad at
Not mad at all. Just not really impressed. I’m more impressed with “average” size ladies that can hit 70. Fizer of MN, Hoover, Garcia, etc...

If you guys are impressed with 72mph from a 6’ 3” pitcher you would be blown away by 80mph I’m sure.

Oct 14, 2019
Not mad at
Not mad at all. Just not really impressed. I’m more impressed with “average” size ladies that can hit 70. Fizer of MN, Hoover, Garcia, etc...

If you guys are impressed with 72mph from a 6’ 3” pitcher you would be blown away by 80mph I’m sure.
Abbott was unhittable. Garcia gave up a home run. Didn’t know they handicapped by height.

Apr 28, 2019
Abbott was unhittable. Garcia gave up a home run. Didn’t know they handicapped by height.

Obviously

Obviously height is an advantage for a pitcher. If you don’t recognize that your uninformed.

Height plus a great work ethic can earn you a million dollar contract. Just ask Monica.

Some of the best pitchers in recent memory who were 6’ or taller. Finch, Ricketts, Osterman, Abbott. Alabama Fab freshman in 2019 Montana Fouts.

You contradicted yourself when you mentioned the performance of Abbott & Garcia vs Florida. Of course 6’3” is more intimidating than 5’ 6” especially when you’ve never faced it before. Thanks for making my point for me.

As a side note Garcia has a National Championship and is the defending two time National player of the year.

I’m sure Garcia has faced most of the Florida hitters previously. So there is that familiarity. Abbott is an enigma and I’m sure the Florida ladies were facing her for the first time. Maybe a little in awe and intimidated? I would think so.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478