Abbott throwing gas at the Stand Beside Her Tour

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
Had the privilege of sitting first row directly behind home plate in Chicago several years ago....Good lord is right!! I was definitely not impressed with her bedside manner with the kids after the game though. Was definitely an “obligation”

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Went to a pitching clinic with DD at Bethel/MN a couple years back. Monica conducted it and gave a demonstration. Even her warm-ups were unbelievable. Throwing strikes from one side of an indoor track to the other (full length of a tennis court plus room on the ends between her and the receiver) at a speed I had never seen before. She was good with the kids that day, though.

Nov 18, 2015
Yep - pretty impressive. However, I'm more impressed by the catcher (Munro?) on that last pitch - I don't know how her glove got there in time. For the umpires sake, I hope they don't cross signals. 🤕

Oct 14, 2019
Yep - pretty impressive. However, I'm more impressed by the catcher (Munro?) on that last pitch - I don't know how her glove got there in time. For the umpires sake, I hope they don't cross signals. 🤕
My 12yo daughter and I are going to see Team USA v. the Gators tonight in Gainesville. She is very excited. OK, I am excited also.

Jun 6, 2018
Had the privilege of sitting first row directly behind home plate in Chicago several years ago....Good lord is right!! I was definitely not impressed with her bedside manner with the kids after the game though. Was definitely an “obligation”

Yeah same experience and I think throughout her whole stint there she never attended a single bandits of tomorrow game to interact with the young girls trying to follow in her footsteps.

A great talent but not an ambassador to the game who goes out of her way to ensure she motivates young girls to follow in her footsteps. Now Jennie on the other hand (another former Bandit) always tried to do as much she could when interacting with the young girls trying to follow in her footsteps.

Jan 8, 2019
Yeah same experience and I think throughout her whole stint there she never attended a single bandits of tomorrow game to interact with the young girls trying to follow in her footsteps.

A great talent but not an ambassador to the game who goes out of her way to ensure she motivates young girls to follow in her footsteps. Now Jennie on the other hand (another former Bandit) always tried to do as much she could when interacting with the young girls trying to follow in her footsteps.

If you think Jennie is nice in general, the next time you're at an event where she is appearing, wear a Univ of AZ visor or other gear. She will go extra out of her way to help those girls! (Unless it's an event AT the UofA, then they're almost all wearing the gear.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812