A year into the journey

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
I am by no means an expert just going through it with my daughter who looks to be the same age. From what it looks like your daughter is forcing the IR after release instead of it happening naturally. It could be a result of the arm being locked out.

Sep 19, 2018
She looks really athletic and there is a lot of good in there. Stop the video at 15 seconds. Her arm is at 9:30 and her
1) arm / elbow is locked
2) palm facing down.

Go back to this video and work this hard

Jan 14, 2020
I am by no means an expert just going through it with my daughter who looks to be the same age. From what it looks like your daughter is forcing the IR after release instead of it happening naturally. It could be a result of the arm being locked out.
My DD is 9 and it's hit amd miss on the elbow having a lil flex or locked out.

Oct 26, 2019
My DD is 9 and it's hit amd miss on the elbow having a lil flex or locked out.
same with my recently turned 10yr. old. She can do the drills @cnardone posted above with the bent elbow, but as soon as we add the legs back into it the arm goes straight. She has transitioned into coming out of the glove instead of back swinging and that seems to have helped keep the elbow bent.

Jan 14, 2020
same with my recently turned 10yr. old. She can do the drills @cnardone posted above with the bent elbow, but as soon as we add the legs back into it the arm goes straight. She has transitioned into coming out of the glove instead of back swinging and that seems to have helped keep the elbow bent.
That's my DD, drills look great, playing catch underhand its bent and full motion its a crapshoot if its bent or not.. so coming out of a cradle has helped?

Jan 14, 2020
She looks really athletic and there is a lot of good in there. Stop the video at 15 seconds. Her arm is at 9:30 and her
1) arm / elbow is locked
2) palm facing down.

Go back to this video and work this hard

I'll rehash this video with here again. This video along with Amanda Scarborough's slow motion video is what we started with.

Jan 28, 2017
Looks like she is having fun. Like the wave to camera. Not bad for her age and athletic. IMO

1. Ball facing catcher and staying up would help her keep some bend

2. IR is late. T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478