A week in Colorado after returning to work

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Our organization is going to a regional schedule so all involved can drive instead of fly. They are pulling out of PGF Nationals, Sparkler, and Triple Crown Nationals. They have talked to a lot of college coaches and have found that most of the schools and coaches don't plan on having any extensive travel this summer. They all plan to stay as close to home as possible, or at least within driving distance as none of them are interested in flying, etc... so looks like there will be a lot more coaches at some of the regional events and a lot less at the National events.

Sounds like you just 10k if you were flying to all three of those tournaments. (y)

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Our organization is going to a regional schedule so all involved can drive instead of fly. They are pulling out of PGF Nationals, Sparkler, and Triple Crown Nationals. They have talked to a lot of college coaches and have found that most of the schools and coaches don't plan on having any extensive travel this summer. They all plan to stay as close to home as possible, or at least within driving distance as none of them are interested in flying, etc... so looks like there will be a lot more coaches at some of the regional events and a lot less at the National events.
I know we are waiting till the last min but I wish our org would start being proactive vs reactive.

Mar 28, 2014
Are national tournaments refunding 100% of the entry fee?
TBD at this time. Looks like they are offering a credit towards future tournaments at the very least. Honestly they should grow a heart and refund entry fees. I mean come on, this is a national disaster. We are all in this together. This is people's health at stake here. Drop the damn greed for one second and refund teams' money for Christ Sakes. A little goodwill at this time will go a long way in the future. People have long memories.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
That is a good point. I wonder if the hotel booking agencies like Travel Teams will allow fewer hotel rooms per team to be booked to help the situation out.

Do you really think the biggest money grab in tournament ball (stay to play) is going to ease their requirements? I certainly don’t.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Do you really think the biggest money grab in tournament ball (stay to play) is going to ease their requirements? I certainly don’t.

No. The only chance at them easing the requirements would be if there is a considerable drop in tournament attendance. I am talking like a 50% drop in attendance. They may be forced to make some concessions at that point.

If enough teams called and told them that they can only guarantee 6 rooms for the team or they are not coming. That could force the Stay to Play agencies to listen. Highly unlikely that will happen.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I saw an email yesterday indicating that many of the top Texas organizations are not going to be traveling other than drive-able tourneys. Plans to keep it regional: Central TX, North TX and Houston. More details to come on a group call tomorrow.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
No. The only chance at them easing the requirements would be if there is a considerable drop in tournament attendance. I am talking like a 50% drop in attendance. They may be forced to make some concessions at that point.

If enough teams called and told them that they can only guarantee 6 rooms for the team or they are not coming. That could force the Stay to Play agencies to listen. Highly unlikely that will happen.

Id love to have that happen wether we had this shutdown or not. It’s insane what these places are charging compared to normal pricing and until teams stop going to these particular tournaments the prices will just continue to go higher just because they can.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I saw an email yesterday indicating that many of the top Texas organizations are not going to be traveling other than drive-able tourneys. Plans to keep it regional: Central TX, North TX and Houston. More details to come on a group call tomorrow.

I’m hoping this happens . This would make so much sense in this environment. .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee