A week in Colorado after returning to work

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
Considering what jobs are available reinstate.
Who will be able to take a week off for Colorado tourny.
If tournament does happen but your team not attending.
They may charge a partial refund fee on reimbursement.
Consider applying paid fee on a future event team can attend locally to get full use of payment.
Any week long tournys on your schedule that seem improbable?

Apr 28, 2014
I think Colorado will be canceled. :( We're a northeast team and had 4 jet trips planned including TCS in the Pacific North West. At this point I think if we get PGF in we're lucky. California seems to be doing a great job of controlling the virus. If we do play in June and July it will mostly all local I would imagine. Not to mention to your point about time off of work. With most people being home now it would be hard to tell your employer that after being home for 3-4 months that you need 3-4 weeks off in the summer.

Feb 20, 2020
I know I sound like a broken record, but here in Colorado the models say we've peaked. By the end of the month we'll be at less than a death a day attributable to the virus. Given how much Triple Crown likes money, I wouldn't bet on Sparkler getting cancelled unless all summer softball gets cancelled. So if your team is thinking of not attending, I'd look for another way to plan on a refund because I think if anyone is playing, that tournament will go on.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Yeah just like many tournaments, they they know it’s going to rain but if we can play one game we’ll get some $$.

I ’m still curious if everyone will have the funds to spend on this tourney. I know many that have not worked in 3 weeks already and currently are told they can’t go back for 3 more. Same expenses but no income. There will be a lot like this...

Feb 20, 2020
I live on the west side of Denver -- up in the mountains, actually -- but I don't think there are a lot of tournaments on the east side, which is where Sparklers is held. Other areas like Loveland or Arvada will have three or four. So they'll be loathe to give it up -- especially when its entry fees are SO much higher than other Colorado tourneys, and there aren't a lot of stay to plays here. It's a big revenue source for both Aurora and Triple Crown here, and I can't see them giving it up unless they're forced to.

Could be wrong, though.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Considering what jobs are available reinstate.
Who will be able to take a week off for Colorado tourny.
If tournament does happen but your team not attending.
They may charge a partial refund fee on reimbursement.
Consider applying paid fee on a future event team can attend locally to get full use of payment.
Any week long tournys on your schedule that seem improbable?

Assuming that we get cleared to play at some point, they will try to play.

For a start, I think there will be a whole lot less parents at tournaments that have weekdays in them. Frankly, that is not the worst thing in the world. A lot of chaperones and sending your kids with other parents who can go.

I can see a scenario where they open areas of the country that are 'out of danger'; and still keep some areas shut down or under travel restrictions. It is going to be messy.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Assuming that we get cleared to play at some point, they will try to play.

For a start, I think there will be a whole lot less parents at tournaments that have weekdays in them. Frankly, that is not the worst thing in the world. A lot of chaperones and sending your kids with other parents who can go.

That is a good point. I wonder if the hotel booking agencies like Travel Teams will allow fewer hotel rooms per team to be booked to help the situation out.

May 20, 2016
I wonder if the hotel booking agencies like Travel Teams will allow fewer hotel rooms per team to be booked to help the situation out.

Flights will be the bigger issue. All the airlines have drastically cut their flights, some as high as 90%. That coupled with people not wanting to get on airplanes would be the bigger issue in my opinion.

Mar 28, 2014
No way that money hungry bunch at TCF cancels unless they are forced to do so. If they did they would have to give full refunds to everyone whereas if they don't, they will only have to give partials to those who don't attend. So they won't cancel but the numbers will be way down with less teams traveling there that have to go by air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12