A little SoCal softball humor

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
In all fairness to Palmdale, the weather in November is great, 75 degrees, sunny and most importantly very little wind. The Best of the West park is fairly well maintained but try to avoid this area in the summer, just brutal...

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
Well now I want to hear this story.

No story, just the place was pretty run-down. Most reviews reference the neighborhood, which was nowhere near as bad as they indicated, but the facility and rooms themselves were just, well, not good. Many of these places don't try since they know they've got a captive clientele. Hallways had obviously not seen a broom, a vacuum, nor a mop in several weeks, rooms were tiny, furnishings looked like they were bought at a swap meet, our bathroom sink was a faux-marble thing that had been glued back together after someone broke it in half, etc. Fortunately, we didn't spend too much time there, and my wife was off with DD1 in Colorado, otherwise she would have went "AWWWW helllllll nawwwww!!!" and we would have been searching for somewhere else to stay that night. DD2, brother-in-law, and I can deal with a sub-par room for a night. I've paid less per night for better rooms. When all else fails, Holiday Inn Express has yet to fail for me.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
Not always true!!!!!! I lived in Barstow/ Ft Irwin for three years.

Barstow only exists because it is, on average, at the point at which most people traveling to Vegas from LA/OC need to make a pit stop. It is quite literally SoCal's toilet on the way to Vegas. Barstow-nians, you know it's true.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Corn? Yep. We've got that.
SJVCornfield.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28