A little custom glove comparison

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I was hoping for split piping on the Zett but that wasn't offered that I could tell. I like that contrast on the back of the fingers. If that Zett comes close to the IP I'll be happy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Piping = welting? Looks like rough split welting to me on the Zett? Rolled welting is always a deal breaker for me, I want split welting on everything I own, unless it's a pattern or model I just have to have!! So I guess never say never?

Feb 3, 2016
Is a Marucci custom on your radar?
Maybe a little later this year. I've purposefully steered clear of Rawlings, Wilson, Marucci, Franklin ETC. If I can walk into a retail chain store and find a mass production item I'm on hold for tbose manufacturers for now.

They do make custom gloves and I will eventually work towards them. Stay tuned.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Maybe a little later this year. I've purposefully steered clear of Rawlings, Wilson, Marucci, Franklin ETC. If I can walk into a retail chain store and find a mass production item I'm on hold for tbose manufacturers for now.

They do make custom gloves and I will eventually work towards them. Stay tuned.

That’s actually a shame, the Horween Rawlings exclusives from Don Morton’s and the Limited Horween SMU’s that Chad from SoftballFans is having made are on another level, seriously some of the nicest gloves on the planet! Definitely NOT mass produced retail gloves!

Top notch materials, great patterns, incredible craftsmanship!

Feb 3, 2016
Was Emailed this morning at 3:00 AM. The Pro 44 is in Stage 3. Stage 3 is stitching.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
My DD plays 3B as her second position and has a 44 Pro glove we ordered last year. She absolutely loves it. It is very well made and the leather is sweet. It looks amazing IMHO.

Feb 3, 2016
Stage 4 update.

The Pro 44 is waiting for QC inspection.
Looks like this glove is almost done.

March is looking good for 3 out of the 4 gloves.

Dec 11, 2010
I just read this from the beginning. What a cool project!

”My“ fielding glove is a Zett that my wife bought when she played slow pitch. I can’t remember how I ended up with it. It always seemed like a nice glove but I thought it was some bargain brand, lol. It of course is pancaked and looks like it was dragged behind a truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802