A cautionary tale about softball facilities from Tulsa, Oklahoma

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2019
There may be some language in the agreement with the foundation which ties the gift to the park being used for softball purposes. Also, there may be deed restrictions on the real estate requiring the property to be used for softball purposes only.

Feb 14, 2019
DD has only played there once in 4+ years of TB. There never seemed to be tournaments there which offered any advantages over
the ones held closer to the OKC metro area where her teams have been based out of.
Same here...We're based out of Tulsa and we've played maybe 3 tournaments there in the last 5 years. We have used it fairly often for mid-week practices, though.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
DD has only played there once in 4+ years of TB. There never seemed to be tournaments there which offered any advantages over
the ones held closer to the OKC metro area where her teams have been based out of.

Not surprising. There are teams much closer that went out of their way to avoid playing at Savage.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Why cant they share? Do they need to make all the infields grass? Could both LL and FP use the same fields? I think 200 fences would be good for LL too. They got composite bats too!

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Why cant they share? Do they need to make all the infields grass? Could both LL and FP use the same fields? I think 200 fences would be good for LL too. They got composite bats too!

It's my understanding that it will be a shared-use facility. Multiple sports and sanctions. It was solely USSSA.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
If they are taking from girls sports to give to boys sports and not giving the girls suitable, equal, fields it's a violation of Title IX. However, if the fields are under-used by the softball program probably not a violation.
Title IX applies to educational facilities who accept money from the federal government. Unless I missed something I don’t think it applies here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28