"A" Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
We are sometimes unworthy to be even in your online presence. That said I'm sure your wife will share your minor flaws. :)
I got a basket full of flaws, perspective about how good an athlete can be isn't one of them.

Apr 28, 2014
I got a basket full of flaws, perspective about how good an athlete can be isn't one of them.

You think we don't know? The second you entered our presence we knew.. we all knew... you're special. And the day we slip or forget, you will be there to remind us.

Jun 8, 2016
You think we don't know? The second you entered our presence we knew.. we all knew... you're special. And the day we slip or forget, you will be there to remind us.
WTF are you talking about? You know all my flaws? Yeah I am special..most of the time I am special idiot. Saying I played against good players doesn't mean I was any good, I wasn't.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Perspective....all perspective.
First time you see real 65 MPH pitching.. that's perspective.
First time you see a real 2.75 H to First.. that's perspective
First time you see girls fighting at the bat rack to face your DD in the circle.. that's perspective.
The term world series in softball is the most overused term ever uttered.
Gain perspective. :)
This is what I call Big Girl Ball. The rest is baby ball. If you find your team on some back field playing the Hittin' Kittens, then the Softball Illuminati have determined that you are not worthy of playing on the same fields as the Big Girls. But, but we won the Bringin' the Heat tourney last week! The A or Real Deal Gold teams know who they are, and they only want to play teams in their same stratosphere. They don't need to tell everyone that they are a Gold team playing a Gold team schedule. All you have to do is go to US Club Ranking and scan the list to see who the real teams are. There you will find the real deal programs and organizations. Every now and then a team will sneak in there which has happened in the past. Look at the Dirt Divas from Texas who won the 14U PGF a few years with a one team organization. They had to scratch and claw to make a name for themselves in order to start being invited to the table with the Real Deal teams. If you aren't in the loop, then you ain't in the loop. All the teams that SAY they are a Gold, Platinum, Elite team are only fooling themselves and the parents and it's the parents job to sift through the garbage by doing their due diligence.

5 years ago my DD was going to try out for one of the Bombers teams, and the coach said that will get preferential treatment, and will be placed on the "good fields." We ultimately went another direction, but we only saw that team a few times over the next 4 years. We never saw them at the big national tourneys because they didn't have the clout that the Big Bombers teams had. I'm not saying they were a bad team, they were just Bombers Lite that had some good players here and there. I just looked them up. I won't tell you where they were ranked since they only played in one qualifying tourney.

Jan 28, 2017
Daughter played for a 12U Class A team and could compete with the top teams. Normally would lose close games because we couldn’t score. 500 or better with solid teams. Same team moved up to 14U Class A (our girls 13) and no chance to compete with the top teams. If we played regional tournaments we would win the tournament. For some areas it’s hard to find the current level.

Apr 20, 2015
Daughter played for a 12U Class A team and could compete with the top teams. Normally would lose close games because we couldn’t score. 500 or better with solid teams. Same team moved up to 14U Class A (our girls 13) and no chance to compete with the top teams. If we played regional tournaments we would win the tournament. For some areas it’s hard to find the current level.

Good point! Our coach told our girls in the fall no excuses for being 13u. We would play 14u and we would win. Spent the year taking down many good 14u teams at the best stuff we could find in the craziness of covid. Top gun, TCS, etc. It was a hard road but I think our girls are better for it. Finished 56-17-3 combined for fall and spring.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2019
Having a line-up with many girls that can rake is a bonus. Good hitting will win many games. Good pitching, good defense, & timely hitting win Championships.
“Stacked” teams are pretty rare IMO because you need to have girls willing to accept a lesser role if you will.
You can’t have too many kids with big ego’s on the same team because it just won’t work.
You can’t have 10 SS’s that bat 3rd. Now if Molly will play RF and bat 7th, and other players are willing to sacrifice what in their mind is their primary position and slide down in the batting order great now we have something going.
But given the fact the girls are trying to “showcase” their skills in preferred position you can see why this wouldn’t work long term.
Seems like most teams these days have 3-5 really good players and the rest are pretty average.

Mar 10, 2020
Pretty reasonable definition. Additionally, a top-level "A" team will have a pretty deep batting lineup that can usually paste the best pitching on a "B" team or lower.
Continue the definition
Offensively real A team's have more than 2 caliber pitcher to rely on.
Earning a roster spot for playing time is to be expected.

Jun 16, 2010
There's A teams and then there's really elite A teams. The really elite teams are a handful in the country.

Doesn't matter whether you're talkin about travel ball or NCAA..... The vast majority in any classification are also-rans.....not legitimate contenders. there's a very small pool of teams that can challenge for number one.

Those domineering pitchers make all the difference, and just don't grow on trees.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee