9 pitch inning !

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana
We had a 2 pitch inning a year ago. (Varsity game)

Up 1 run on the road, so top 6 their best hitter is up. She already hit two HRs so we IW her. Next batter grounds into a 4-6-3 DP and next pitch batter pops up to 2B.

Two pitches three outs.

May 29, 2015
An oddity that I had last year: I've seen 5 consecutive outs on 5 consecutive pitches.

Final batter of the inning hits the first pitch to fly out and ends the inning (1 pitch/1 out). They take the field and their pitcher throws three pitches for three outs; every batter hit the first pitch. (4 pitches/4 outs). The lead off batter of the next half-inning does the same. (5 pitches/5 outs). The next batter was not about to swing at the first pitch (called strike).

Oct 4, 2018
An oddity that I had last year: I've seen 5 consecutive outs on 5 consecutive pitches.

Final batter of the inning hits the first pitch to fly out and ends the inning (1 pitch/1 out). They take the field and their pitcher throws three pitches for three outs; every batter hit the first pitch. (4 pitches/4 outs). The lead off batter of the next half-inning does the same. (5 pitches/5 outs). The next batter was not about to swing at the first pitch (called strike).

As an ump getting paid by the game, that's gotta be nice. (assuming it's not a timed game).

I imagine some games are painfully long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802