71 year old pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2009
question , all the pitching information on this seems to be for female , can any ofr it be use by this 71 old pitcher who coming out of retirement to pitch
again lol. i want to be a elite pitcher.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Pitching is pitching, male or female. In fact, you may find the "female" orientation better for you than the idea of going all upper body because you're male.

Feb 14, 2009
You may never reach elite status, but you are on the way to make unique - or antique!! SORRY_ I just couldnt resist;);)

Don't be sorry , you made me smile lol. have a good and hope you post me again . oh, when i was in the army , i was a elite pitcher.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Earl Van Dyke

A friend of mine, Earl Van Dyke, was a fastpitch pitcher. Earl retired from the local Sheriffs office when he was 60. When he retired from work, he also retired from playing sports.

At age 72 he was called and asked to pitch in a C-rated tournament out of state. He agreed, not having even touched a softball in 12 years. He went there and threw 5 games that weekend, they took 2nd. He had one practice with the team before the tournament. He was sore come Monday but uninjured and said he had a great time.

Earl started playing 'Ball' when he was a young kid. During his playing years he played every position, including pitcher and catcher, on fast pitch softball, slow pitch softball and baseball teams. He was very good at all but great at none (quoting Earl there).

I spent many MANY hours fishing and swapping old softball 'war stories' with him on his ranch.

Earl passed away 4 years ago. I miss him alot and my book is dedicated to his memory.

Earl VanDyke was inducted into the Stanislaus County Sports Hall of Fame as the best "All Around Ball Player" to ever come out of this area. He was chosen over the likes of Joe Rudi and other more famous players from this area.

Don't forget Eddie Feigner, who was still pitching at an age over 80.

If Earl could do it at 72 and Eddie at 80+, you'll do fine.

Feb 14, 2009
A friend of mine, Earl Van Dyke, was a fastpitch pitcher. Earl retired from the local Sheriffs office when he was 60. When he retired from work, he also retired from playing sports.

At age 72 he was called and asked to pitch in a C-rated tournament out of state. He agreed, not having even touched a softball in 12 years. He went there and threw 5 games that weekend, they took 2nd. He had one practice with the team before the tournament. He was sore come Monday but uninjured and said he had a great time.

Earl started playing 'Ball' when he was a young kid. During his playing years he played every position, including pitcher and catcher, on fast pitch softball, slow pitch softball and baseball teams. He was very good at all but great at none (quoting Earl there).

I spent many MANY hours fishing and swapping old softball 'war stories' with him on his ranch.

Earl passed away 4 years ago. I miss him alot and my book is dedicated to his memory.

Earl VanDyke was inducted into the Stanislaus County Sports Hall of Fame as the best "All Around Ball Player" to ever come out of this area. He was chosen over the likes of Joe Rudi and other more famous players from this area.

Don't forget Eddie Feigner, who was still pitching at an age over 80.

If Earl could do it at 72 and Eddie at 80+, you'll do fine.
I will be playing for a team in Omaha , NE call the Omaha Blues .
We will playing in the C national this years . I be working out three day a week trying to get back in shape . It been over 18 years since I last played ,
so you can said I'm a little bit out of shape LOL.
Hal have you ever ran across a pitcher name Mike Ohl . We played on the
Schaefer beer of Fayetteville, NC . We won the Class A states in 1977.
I heard he was pitching CA. He will only know me by my nick name The Hammer .

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
I will be playing for a team in Omaha , NE call the Omaha Blues .
We will playing in the C national this years . I be working out three day a week trying to get back in shape . It been over 18 years since I last played ,
so you can said I'm a little bit out of shape LOL.
Hal have you ever ran across a pitcher name Mike Ohl . We played on the
Schaefer beer of Fayetteville, NC . We won the Class A states in 1977.
I heard he was pitching CA. He will only know me by my nick name The Hammer .

Don't recall a Mike Ohl, or a pitcher nicknamed Hammer.

Our team, Joaquin Construction out of Modesto, CA., won the ASA A div Nationals in 1979. More people knew me by site and by nickname (The Big Bopper) than they did by my real name. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802