7 “Pitchers” on team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Very good to have any DD pretty seriously into softball watch an A level game. Not to dash their dreams, but to give them exposure to how good they can be. And how good they have to be to get to the next level.

We take our team to college games every year. It's a blast, but also shows them how good softball can be played.

Jun 12, 2015
I always love these... "Yeah, she has good numbers, because she only plays against the weakest teams". I once had a father of a pitcher approach me wondering why his DD wasn't pitching much (She threw meatballs down the middle and as much as we tried, she wouldn't change) I told the HC about the exchange... and he started her the next game, she didn't make it out of the 1st inning...sometimes the rosecolored glasses need to come off.

HC last year did this with a catcher. She was pretty new to softball but lucky for her she had a dad who knew everything and was great at everything and could teach her everything, and who loved to tell everyone near him about all those things he was great at and knew. We got way up on a team (this was not normal for us last year, lol) so he put her in to catch. It went about as well as I would've expected and I didn't hear dad talk about putting her in to catch again.

Jun 22, 2019
Just tell them they aren’t going to pitch for you. After many years of having every other girl say they can pitch, then putting them in circle to show you what they have and seeing they can’t pitch, I stopped trying to help them improve. Pitching fundamentals are learned outside of practice. It’s easier to rip the bandaid off and just tell them they aren’t going to pitch on this team and let them decide what they want to do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28