32-12 bat ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I have a dad looking for a 32-12 bat. He’d prefer a quality bat but is looking for anything. I have never seen one but hoping maybe someone else has. Tried to talk him into a -11 but ....

Mar 20, 2019
Hopefully this works.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018
Unless it is a Demarini, most -12 (like that easton above), will actually be a -11. Last couople of years the LXT came in a drop 12 as well, but again, it is probably closer to a drop 11 or drop 10.

The current Demarini Sprite, previously Vandetta should fit the bill here if want one that is actually a drop 12. Previous models often found on sale. Outside of the LXT, all the drop 12 bats are a step down in performance. As you recommended, if she can swing a Demarini CF -11, that'd be my recommendation if looking for a light 32 inch bat

DEMARINI SPRITE FASTPITCH BAT

Mar 20, 2019
Unless it is a Demarini, most -12 (like that easton above), will actually be a -11. Last couople of years the LXT came in a drop 12 as well, but again, it is probably closer to a drop 11 or drop 10.

The current Demarini Sprite, previously Vandetta should fit the bill here if want one that is actually a drop 12. Previous models often found on sale. Outside of the LXT, all the drop 12 bats are a step down in performance. As you recommended, if she can swing a Demarini CF -11, that'd be my recommendation if looking for a light 32 inch bat

DEMARINI SPRITE FASTPITCH BAT
Sometimes I think the sticker means more to them than the actual weight. I agree though I'd rather see her get a "heavier" drop 11, quality bat. It doesn't take long to get accustomed to the heavier bat.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2018
There's a reason that's not a common size...

I heard some advice from some people pretty knowledgable about getting girls up to drop 10 as soon as they're able. And I did compare bats in the store and the drop 10s do appear to have a bigger sweet spot.

While I know a too heavy or too long bat can be death. But as I've said before, an ounce is basically 6 paper clips in weight. It's next to nothing.

Also, check the BAT DATABASE. Bats don't weight what is printed on them. Know what you're really getting.

May 16, 2016
If she can swing a 32" bat, she can swing a drop 10. Unless his daughter is 10, and he expects her to choke up on the 32", and swing the same bat through high school... which is also a bad idea. But I've seen this logic used first hand....

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Thank you all. I agree that she doesnt need a drop 12 bat. its her swing mechanics that are at fault but he dad had her use a Bustos 32-13 and she "did well" with it. ***SIGH*** he said she hits everything off the end and wants to try a longer, lighter bat. She is on the small side but at 12U, she should be able to hit with a 31-11 or -10 for that matter. I was just asking the all knowledgeable board for some info. And as always, you pulled through. Thanks!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802