300 hitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Nov 18, 2015
What do you guys think about Yelich's and William's back knee positioning?

Is it just the camera angle, or does Yelich get his knee outside of his back foot during his load?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Hamilton didn't hit 300 for his career. .290 , although he has the same knee position of the back knee while he shows the sole of the front foot.

Do you think this position allows for a greater stretch? Does the way they use the hips/torso create a greater stretch?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

One thing I find interesting about each of these is that they really don't 'toe in' as many people suggest nowadays. I'm not necessarily against 'toe in', as I think it can help some hitters with coiling. But I don't think it is an absolute.

Nov 18, 2015
giphy.gif

Hamilton didn't hit 300 for his career. .290 , although he has the same knee position of the back knee while he shows the sole of the front foot.

Do you think this position allows for a greater stretch? Does the way they use the hips/torso create a greater stretch?

I don’t know if the heel move necessarily allows for _greater_ stretch. For me, it’s more a feel of _keeping_ the stretch, which in turn makes my rotation/swing (feel) more explosive / sudden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
One thing I find interesting about each of these is that they really don't 'toe in' as many people suggest nowadays. I'm not necessarily against 'toe in', as I think it can help some hitters with coiling. But I don't think it is an absolute.

I must have missed on the "toe in", can you explain what it means? My guess is that your talking about the back foot toes not being turned in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812