2nd DD-made the JV squad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
My DD has not played softball since she was in 10U. After that year, I decided that I needed a break from coaching both DD's and needed to focus on DD1 since DD2 wasn't really showing any athletic prowess. We kept her playing basketball and started volleyball. She is a soph this year and did not make the JV volleyball team, which was a surprise and DD took it pretty hard. She then decided that she wanted to tryout for the softball team. When I took her to work on hitting, I was like facepalm. This is gonna be difficult. I felt bad that we pretty much put all of our efforts into DD1 and neglected DD2, but she didn't want to work at softball like DD1 did.

They had tryouts over the last 3 days and she found out this morning that she made the team. I am the booster club President and I have to admit that I am not that thrilled that she made the team. Only because I don't feel like running the concession stand anymore. But on the other hand, I am happy for DD2 that she worked at something and she achieved something that she wanted. Life in general is just harder for her. School is harder, socially it's harder, and she started wearing hearing aids 3 years ago, which we believe is the root cause for much of her issues. And I am sure living in she shadow of her super duper high achiever big sister is no cake walk. So congrats to DD2.

Mar 28, 2020
Congratulations!!! I understand not wanting to run the concession stand, but it going to be a pleasure watching DD2 excel!!!!

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
But on the other hand, I am happy for DD2 that she worked at something and she achieved something that she wanted. Life in general is just harder for her. School is harder, socially it's harder, and she started wearing hearing aids 3 years ago, which we believe is the root cause for much of her issues. And I am sure living in she shadow of her super duper high achiever big sister is no cake walk. So congrats to DD2.

You described my DD2 to almost a tee with the things yours has trouble with. DD1 is incredibly athletic, strong, socially comfortable, school comes easy, and basically can do almost anything that she has a mind to try. DD2 is the complete opposite. Almost no natural athletic talent. School is harder. Socially she’s a bit awkward. But, is super sweet, caring, and loves singing (she’s good at it).

My DD2 really looks up to her sister. And sees all she’s accomplishing and the time that’s put into her softball. It’s tough living in that shadow. Plus she’s a middle kid so that doesn’t help.

Congrats to your DD2. I hope she feels proud of herself and this instills a new drive for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802