280'

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2019
Don't think there's any gators, but it's definitely swamp land so probably a fair share of cotton mouths and/or copper heads! If it goes over that fence, it gets donated. :D
I'd bring a bat, and would set a time limit time limit of about a half hour to look or until it started to get dark. ;)

Apr 16, 2013
I'll bet I've I've watched this a dozen times today. There's not a lot better than watching the joy of success. Well done. Keep up the hard work.
Thanks Josh. I think this is one of the biggest learning lessons I'm going to go forward with her. No matter what you do, have goals. This is the 3rd time we've tried this, and she's dropped several right at the foot of the fence, but didn't complete her goal. Having that goal has set her on fire again. She's got 2 more that I'll hopefully be posting in the future. :) This should go for every girl or boy. Doesn't matter what it is, if you have a goal to strive for life is far more enjoyable than just "surviving".

Apr 28, 2019
This is one of the fields we go to in order to practice. (Usually just my DD and a friend.) I use google maps to verify field/fence size and it's right at 280 to center. The corners are right around 275 so it's mostly between 275-280 all the way around. The goal was to hit the fence, so it would be a verified 280 hit. Bit of a cross wind but still got it. 3rd swing of the day. Hits right in front of the tallest tree. I had to use my 24" monitor to see it.

We have some other goals for videos as well, in the next month or so, weather permitting.

This is one of the fields we go to in order to practice. (Usually just my DD and a friend.) I use google maps to verify field/fence size and it's right at 280 to center. The corners are right around 275 so it's mostly between 275-280 all the way around. The goal was to hit the fence, so it would be a verified 280 hit. Bit of a cross wind but still got it. 3rd swing of the day. Hits right in front of the tallest tree. I had to use my 24" monitor to see it.

We have some other goals for videos as well, in the next month or so, weather permitting.

Very nice. I posted a similar thread months ago about one of our 14U girls hitting balls 280’ plus. A few believers but most posters were talking about myths & legends. In can be done no kidding!!!

I’m with Pattar on this one though we don’t leave $5 bills laying in the woods snakes & gators be damned!!!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I love the excitement...shows it hasn't been drained out of her with all the other crap that gets drug into softball.
Nothing like a kid being completely, truthfully excited about taking bp and getting good lumber on one

We need the Jay Buhner bat flip next time :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802