280'

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
This is one of the fields we go to in order to practice. (Usually just my DD and a friend.) I use google maps to verify field/fence size and it's right at 280 to center. The corners are right around 275 so it's mostly between 275-280 all the way around. The goal was to hit the fence, so it would be a verified 280 hit. Bit of a cross wind but still got it. 3rd swing of the day. Hits right in front of the tallest tree. I had to use my 24" monitor to see it.

We have some other goals for videos as well, in the next month or so, weather permitting.

Apr 16, 2013
That's kind of cool...if you like to lose balls! Well done!
Ha, on that field not as much of an issue. On the regular HS field that you also see in the google map, behind the one we're on, we've lost several to the retaining pond. There's a second fence at 240-250 and the pond is at 280. Plus marshy area around the sides. There are several balls out there! If she keeps playing though, she usually provides our bucket with a few new balls every weekend. :D

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
That’s awesome! My munchkin has landed one 235/240‘ before, and I’m pretty sure that’s her maxing out!! 280‘ain’t happening for her anytime soon......or never! That’s a shot!

May 7, 2015
SoCal
This is one of the fields we go to in order to practice. (Usually just my DD and a friend.) I use google maps to verify field/fence size and it's right at 280 to center. The corners are right around 275 so it's mostly between 275-280 all the way around. The goal was to hit the fence, so it would be a verified 280 hit. Bit of a cross wind but still got it. 3rd swing of the day. Hits right in front of the tallest tree. I had to use my 24" monitor to see it.

We have some other goals for videos as well, in the next month or so, weather permitting.

280' is not average power... What age division does she play?

Apr 16, 2013
Unless there is a moat full of alligators in back of that fence you can bet that I would be in those woods after BP was done... :LOL:
Don't think there's any gators, but it's definitely swamp land so probably a fair share of cotton mouths and/or copper heads! If it goes over that fence, it gets donated. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood