2022 Anderson Rocketech

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Dd first impressions. It looks so cool! She’s hitting off the tee in basement and said it feels very smooth. I watched her hit a few and it looks like she’s smashing the ball pretty well, it’s definitely more quiet than the Xeno. She should be hitting outside some at this Sunday’s practice. She is a line drive contact hitter so I’m not expecting home run derby.

You only have a few days left to test it. Don't skip Friday and Saturday!!!!

:D

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
One of the bat suppliers (Justbats I think) is offering a 30 day trial on all bats. Cost $30. If you send it back it cost $30 but if you keep it you get $30 credit for any merchandise they offer. Interesting promotion.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
When you make the money he makes on people that pay retail, it doesnt hurt you to sell a used bat once in a while
and only make a few bucks on it...haha. He isnt losing there either.

Again, all this is because most will not send bats back. He knows if you charge 30...you arent just gonna try 10 bats. If you are paying
30 bucks, you have a bat in mind you want and most buy what they order.

Jun 7, 2021
The 31 -10 showed up this afternoon and of course there are thunderstorms all around. The neon yellow is even more obnoxious in person, but for some reason my DD loves the color. We shall see how it starts to break-in this weekend.

According to my seemingly accurate kitchen scale, the bat weighs 20.80 ounces or 590 grams. So slightly under the advertised 21 ounces.

The balance point is roughly located at the “e” in the smaller Anderson logo, or about 19.25 inches from the knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 9, 2019
Dd first impressions. It looks so cool! She’s hitting off the tee in basement and said it feels very smooth. I watched her hit a few and it looks like she’s smashing the ball pretty well, it’s definitely more quiet than the Xeno. She should be hitting outside some at this Sunday’s practice. She is a line drive contact hitter so I’m not expecting home run derby.
Maybe if its a team practice a few of her team mates would help with couple hundred cuts to help with the break in.

Apr 6, 2017
No big update. Dd is still adjusting to the bigger size so I can’t say much about performance yet.
Dd swing looks slow right now.

Apr 7, 2018
First impression -

Extremely balanced. Even more so than 2020 Demarini CF

33/23 actual weight came in just short of 23 oz

Smaller sweet spot than 20 CF and 21 LXT

Every hit felt solid, little to no vibration on miss hits

Very obvious audible difference between a ball hit on sweet spot and a miss. Daughters (14U) said everything felt good but some came off the bat at much higher velocity than others. I don't have a radar to measure exit speeds but the difference in a ball hit on the screws and a miss were very evident even though it didn't "feel" like a ball off the handle or end.

My girls liked this bat a lot. Both like balanced bats. Completely different feel than a ghost. As for a ghost killer... doubtful. But this bat will likely take the place of my girls LXT and CF.

I coach and usually hit fly balls one handed, especially before games when outfield space is limited. I tried that with the and Anderson and the ball jumped off the bat. The barrel felt firm. Tried it with the CF and had to give er the onion just to get the ball to travel. I think most coaches have their go-to bat for hitting infield. I'd use the Anderson so it does the work and I don't have to. lol

These cuts were in the cage. Will update once we get some cuts on the field.

As for the colors... yeah I'd tone it down but my girls didn't seem to care. Different is cool ya know.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
DD took hers to a baseball field yesterday and vast majority of the balls wound up 50 feet short of the 315 ft sign in a high grass outfield off of a tee set on home plate. Agree with post above stating balls hit off the sweet spot were very evident right off the bat. It will take some time to break in the bat so get those cuts in before fall season starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2018
We (I mean me, not the girls) were so eager to go try it that we hit the cages in the rain last night.

Younger daughter wasn't hitting well at all, so no comment there.

Older daughter was crushing it. Seemed balls were coming at me faster than normal, but that could all be in my head. She's 14 so as you can imagine, when I asked her how she liked it she said...

"Fine"

Oct 27, 2017
DD (08) tried one last night (32/-10) at hitting lessons and loved it. She said it felt really light, could be that she has been swinging an Alloy Rocketech (32/-9) that weighs 25ozs in the cage. We are picking up a 33/-10 tonight to try out for a few days and will make a decision sometime next week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812